2019 UJ SUMMER SILENT AUCTION IS LIVE Read more... ×
Riffle Runner

ANF 2019?

Swampy 16

Judging by the pics of the pig on a stick, I may need to consider attending next year.

Clueless1

I came home and told my wife "I just want to know how the pig turned out."  Now I know.  That may be the funniest sentence I have read in a long time. 

Fun times.  I have already told my wife I will be staying at least one night next year.  Can't wait.  What a great group of people.

Tim Frazier
11 hours ago, Clueless1 said:

I came home and told my wife "I just want to know how the pig turned out."  Now I know.  That may be the funniest sentence I have read in a long time. 

Fun times.  I have already told my wife I will be staying at least one night next year.  Can't wait.  What a great group of people.

At least you were able to get a little dog work in 😉

Locher

Had a blast this weekend - thank you guys for everything.  Evan had a blast and is talking about next year.

Clueless1

How did the pig actually turn out? 

Tim Frazier
42 minutes ago, Clueless1 said:

How did the pig actually turn out? 

So probably about 1" under the burnt flesh was perfectly cooked so we sliced it all in serving size portions and threw it on Dickies grill for just enough time to finish it.  I personally thought it was very good.  I think in the future we should stick to what we are good at...grilling and bacon!

Tim Frazier
1 hour ago, Locher said:

Had a blast this weekend - thank you guys for everything.  Evan had a blast and is talking about next year.

Eric I thin Evan might have been the hit of the event this year and he certainly kept the "potty" talk in check!  Ha!  I'm really looking forward to his adventures as he grows up!

Clueless1
59 minutes ago, Tim Frazier said:

Eric I thin Evan might have been the hit of the event this year and he certainly kept the "potty" talk in check!  Ha!  I'm really looking forward to his adventures as he grows up!

It certainly was enjoyable watching youthful enthusiasm. 

Swampy 16

Dig a big hole, line it with coals, wrap that piggy in tinfoil, toss him in the hole, then cover him up with coals and walk away. After about 5 hours stick a thermometer in his ham. Take it from there. 

Tim Frazier
53 minutes ago, Swampy 16 said:

Dig a big hole, line it with coals, wrap that piggy in tinfoil, toss him in the hole, then cover him up with coals and walk away. After about 5 hours stick a thermometer in his ham. Take it from there. 

That was my idea but the owner of the pig wanted to do otherwise ;-)

Clueless1

Is Doug in chaps.....and Crocs?

Tim Frazier
6 minutes ago, Clueless1 said:

Is Doug in chaps.....and Crocs?

Yes but he had pants on. 

hmm363

Sure wish I didn't have to horse sit this past weekend, that sure looks like my kind of get-together. Not much into cornhole but sure do like working dogs on grouse. I'll be watching for this next year.

Question, do you folks do something like this and actually hunt grouse? I'd be interested in that. I'll be up in Michigan the last two weeks of October but after that nothing planned. If it's within 12 hours drive time of central Ohio and I could talk my way in, I'd be for it.

Tim Frazier
1 hour ago, hmm363 said:

Question, do you folks do something like this and actually hunt grouse? I'd be interested in that. I'll be up in Michigan the last two weeks of October but after that nothing planned. If it's within 12 hours drive time of central Ohio and I could talk my way in, I'd be for it.

Since numbers have dropped I don’t think that would be likely  but there is always a chance showing up at one of these events during the late summer could lead to an invitation.   

Clueless1
On 8/19/2019 at 7:17 PM, Tim Frazier said:

Since numbers have dropped I don’t think that would be likely  but there is always a chance showing up at one of these events during the late summer could lead to an invitation.   

Just showing up is fun enough.  Get some quick dog work in, a gun put back together, time to go.  😁