PEOPLE REGISTERING FOR MEMBERSHIP PLEASE READ Read more... ×
gjw

Cell Phone Protective Case - Help!

gjw

Hi all, Okay, so I'm not tech savvy at all!!!  I'm looking for a protective case for my Samsung Galaxy 3J Orbit phone.  What I'm looking for is a case that protects both the front and back of the phone.  I do have a glass screen protector, but want something that will cover the screen front as well.

I have a wallet style case, but want something to protect form the elements as well.

Any suggests for a dummy like me?

Thanks!!!

Greg

WPG Gizmo

Otter is normally the one everyone gets but look on Amazon they have many styles of case that would work well for you

Korthaar

Otter is ridiculously expensive, but their cases work really well and they fit snug. I've dropped my phones often without incident.

mccuha

Don’t know anything about that phone but I swear by life proof cases.  They may make on for it

Mike da Carpenter

We all have the Lifeproof case.  First thing we do is remove the clear film from the inside of the speaker and microphone holes so the case then becomes no longer waterproof, but provides great protection.  I have tried the Otterbox cases, and find them to bulky.  I have giant hands along with an iPhone 6+, and the physical size of the phone and Otterbox was just to much.  The Lifeproof is a bit better, but I just wish I didn’t have to carry the dang thing every day.  I so look forward to vacations.

mikegillam

Lifeproof. I throw my phones in backpacks when climbing, in a pfd when ww kayaking, and have had zero problems.

airmedic1

I have been using the Otterbox cases since I first got a smartphone 10 years ago.  Don't buy them at the cellphone store, buy them from Amazon or someplace like that.  They have a lifetime warranty and if you break it they will replace it, no questions asked.  The Defender series is a little bulky but they provide great protection from everything that I have thrown at them.

KenB

Be careful about buying cases off of Amazon, specifically Otterbox. My sons both got new phones (iPhone 6?) a few years ago and both picked out Otterbox cases off Amazon from two different vendors.  Something was obviously off with one when compared to the other.  Turns out Amazon was flooded with fakes at the time. If the price is too good, it’s probably a fake. The fake lasted half as long as the real Otterbox case. 

https://www.otterbox.com/en-us/help-otterbox-fight-counterfeits.html

I have no association with Otterbox or Amazon.  I’m just a guy who paid for a real Otterbox case for my kid and received a fake. The link has tips for avoiding fakes. 

HTH. Ken