PEOPLE REGISTERING FOR MEMBERSHIP PLEASE READ Read more... ×
airmedic1

How ridiculous is this?

airmedic1

There are four German Shorthairs and two Welsh Springer Spaniels.  The liver tic is 14, the white and liver is 13, the black and white is 8 and the black will be 4 this fall.  The Welshie on the right with the green collar is 11 and the one on the left just turned 3 in April.  They are all pretty spoiled and love riding on the boat!

frak
27 minutes ago, airmedic1 said:

There are four German Shorthairs and two Welsh Springer Spaniels. 

“Can you imagine how crazy that household is?”  (<<<wife’s comment)

Brad Eden
9 hours ago, airmedic1 said:

There are four German Shorthairs and two Welsh Springer Spaniels.  The liver tic is 14, the white and liver is 13, the black and white is 8 and the black will be 4 this fall.  The Welshie on the right with the green collar is 11 and the one on the left just turned 3 in April.  They are all pretty spoiled and love riding on the boat!

Nice. Those Welch Springers have always interested me and another UJjer I sometimes hunt with as well. Now I know where to turn to for any thoughts.

fourtrax57

That is a fun pic.

Dave in Maine
On ‎6‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 11:03 AM, ARKBRDHUNTER said:

Years ago when I worked at a marina there was a man that would come each fall to fish for Hybrids when they were schooling. He had a golden retriever that he used as his spotter, he said all he had to to was motor around and watch the dog, when the dog started staring in a fixed location he would go in that direction and shortly he would see the fish breaking. Many people used binoculars but he said the dog does it for me. 

A friend ran a private trout hatchery.  When it came time to net fish to ship them for a stocking or a restaurant order, her Lab would herd the fish to her.

Brad Eden

Sorta applicable to where this Topic has gone as far as dogs detecting stuff. I use to take the late great Jake and now Cash out while pre-season scouting for wild turkeys. They soon figured out what I was doing and would walk alongside me and sit and listen as soon as I started calling with various calls. Naturally they heard gobbles when I did, but I learned to watch them after calling if I didn't hear anything. I could tell if they looked and (gulp) pointed their heads and noses in a particular direction that a bird went off out of  my hearing range, Sure enough when we moved in that direction and called, I would hear the gobble. On the rare occasion that I couldn't resist calling in a bird pre-season, they would sit next to me eyes bugging out and shaking like a leaf as the gobbler came into view.

snood

I thought our crew had the corner on that market! They do love that wind blowing in their faces as we cruise along.

Dogs.jpg

Dave in Maine

Years ago when I worked at a marina there was a man that would come each fall to fish for Hybrids when they were schooling. He had a golden retriever that he used as his spotter, he said all he had to to was motor around and watch the dog, when the dog started staring in a fixed location he would go in that direction and shortly he would see the fish breaking. Many people used binoculars but he said the dog does it for me. 

A friend ran a private trout hatchery.  When it came time to net fish to ship them for a stocking or a restaurant order, her Lab would herd the fish to her.

Dave in Maine

OOPS.  Double post.