2019 UJ SUMMER SILENT AUCTION IS LIVE Read more... ×
mccuha

Just drew a tag

mccuha

Well. I’ve only put in for it a couple times. I just found out me and one of my friends just drew a gator tag.  Not sure what to expect but I’m sure no matter what happens we ll have a good time. Got another friend that’s done it a bunch so I know he ll lead us in this hunt.  

sharptail grouse
14 minutes ago, mccuha said:

Well. I’ve only put in for it a couple times. I just found out me and one of my friends just drew a gator tag.  Not sure what to expect but I’m sure no matter what happens we ll have a good time. Got another friend that’s done it a bunch so I know he ll lead us in this hunt.  

This could be a really good story. Just do whatever your friend tells you to do :o

C.J.L.

Time to gear up with some chootem's

maxresdefault.jpg

Treerooster

Congrats. It always is an uplift for me on a hot summer day when I find out I drew a tag.

Got one I am hoping to draw soon, should know about the 19th.

mccuha

We’ve put in for a couple of years lately just for the heck of it.  The season opens on my birthday in sept and goes out mid oct.  I’m sure it want be like swamp people.  But if we get into one I’m sure it’s going to be a rush for everyone 

charlo slim
4 hours ago, sharptail grouse said:

This could be a really good story. Just do whatever your friend tells you to do :o

Presumably, friend will just yell "CHUTE UM!!"

Brad Eden

That's cool. I hear gator is good eating. I've never tried it.

Spiller

From what I know, and that ain't much concerning gator hunting, is that it actually is more like fishing than hunting isn't it?  

Don't you hook a big gator on a big slab of meat on a big hook like if you were shark fishing ala Jaws?  And when you pull him in you put one in his hat.

I'd love to do it, it sounds awesome.

A lot of people always talk about how the Endangered Species act more or less saved bald eagles from extinction but when I lived in Florida in the 70's alligators were actually protected as an endangered species.  It seems that they have recovered so much now that they and are more or less in the varmint-nuisance animal stage now.

mccuha

Gator taste good. 

From what the guy that’s going with us says it’s more of a stalking challenge with your boat.  You can only shoot them with a bow or crossbow and can finish them off with a pistol or bang stick within I think 5yds of the boat.  You can as well catch them with a treble hook on a big rod and reel or a treble hook on a rope.  No baiting of hooks like on tv nor sniping them with a rifle.  

Spin

Hide would have some value, meat is decent table fare. Sporty hunting? To each his own. They do need control in large areas.

TonyS

Tastes like fishy chicken.

Brad Eden
On 7/13/2019 at 10:07 AM, mccuha said:

Gator taste good. 

From what the guy that’s going with us says it’s more of a stalking challenge with your boat.  You can only shoot them with a bow or crossbow and can finish them off with a pistol or bang stick within I think 5yds of the boat.  You can as well catch them with a treble hook on a big rod and reel or a treble hook on a rope.  No baiting of hooks like on tv nor sniping them with a rifle.  

That sounds plenty sporty enough to me. Just make sure to kneel by the flopping gator when it's in the boat , say a prayer, and a thanks to the Red God of hunting, and and kiss it on the snout like all the other hunting purists do with their wild game.  🤔 😎

Have fun and getabiggun.

Treerooster

Well...just found out I drew my tag. A fall turkey tag.

Now I have a warm fuzzy feeling all over...not sure if it's because I drew my tag, or because it's 100 degrees out. 😛

SelbyLowndes

Gator is ok to eat.  Little ones are the best...SelbyLowndes