REGISTERING FOR MEMBERSHIP ON UPLAND JOURNAL Read more... ×
blanked

Favorite ford bronco

bobman
1 hour ago, Marc Ret said:

Is there a secret handshake you have to know to get those prices?

Broncos w/in 500 miles of Monroe, GA

Yes it’s known as Atlanta Craigslist show surrounding areas

we keep these things a secret but check it out there several on it right now

Marc Ret
4 hours ago, bobman said:

Yes it’s known as Atlanta Craigslist show surrounding areas

we keep these things a secret but check it out there several on it right now

Bobman, I looked at the Atlanta Craigslist. The only thing I see approaching a nice 90s Bronco for $3-$5K is the red 1995 for $6850 but it has 223,000mi, if I understand the seller's limited ad. "Nice" is a subjective term, we may just not be on the same page as to what that means. 

bobman

Well I thought were were talking about “projects” and “rust free” is where my starting point is. I’ve seen many of them around where I live go for the numbers I quoted with good solid bodies.

If you read my first post my idea was to repower a manual transmission version with a carbureted  engine to make a simple reliable 4x4

They are around I see them in driveways and yards with for sale signs fairly regularly. I was considering redoing one but decided they don’t have enough room in them for my purpose. I do like them just not the 90s computer versions because you can’t get the computer related parts, got rid of my 97 dually because of this

if you are looking for one I’ll start stopping by and inquire for you 

WMassGriff

Never owned one but did lust after the original model! Nice to see a few running around the wild west where no snowmelt is applied to the roads.

Marc Ret
15 hours ago, bobman said:

Well I thought were were talking about “projects” and “rust free” is where my starting point is. I’ve seen many of them around where I live go for the numbers I quoted with good solid bodies.

If you read my first post my idea was to repower a manual transmission version with a carbureted  engine to make a simple reliable 4x4

They are around I see them in driveways and yards with for sale signs fairly regularly. I was considering redoing one but decided they don’t have enough room in them for my purpose. I do like them just not the 90s computer versions because you can’t get the computer related parts, got rid of my 97 dually because of this

if you are looking for one I’ll start stopping by and inquire for you 

I appreciate the offer, bobman. Your comment about nice inexpensive Broncos just got me to daydreaming. I mentioned in an earlier post on this thread that I had an '89 and wouldn't mind having another. Alas, pragmatism wins out and I'm going this weekend to look at a Honda Civic for a second vehicle. If I'm going to have two, the alternate needs to be sensible compared to my Super Duty.  

bobman

No problem

If you change your mind let me know I’ll be glad to help

airmedic1

WE have a 1996 Bronco full size Eddie Bauer with a 351M.  It has 128,000 miles and is excellent condition.  No rust and everything original except for the 12" lift kit and the 35" tires.  I bought it to launch my pontoon boat at the lake when the water is down but haven't had that problem for the last few years.

IMG_0006.JPG

dogrunner

E1790F48-EF4B-4293-997A-005F29C5FF81.jpeg

937C2F43-D615-4459-8DA9-BD0F45951C27.jpeg

airmedic1
8 hours ago, dogrunner said:

E1790F48-EF4B-4293-997A-005F29C5FF81.jpeg

937C2F43-D615-4459-8DA9-BD0F45951C27.jpeg

That is nice!

I had one of those, the starter wife wrecked!  Damn

marsingbob

I have owned all three.  The original was an amazing off road machine, probably the best I have owned in 55+ years.  I had a 289 with a 3 speed.  Prices are ridiculous and no one takes them off road now.  The Bronco II with the fuel injected V6 was a decent rig, and I like it better than my full size Bronco.