Brad Eden

PLEASE READ: Major Board Upgrade Imminent

Brad Eden

I hate Board Upgrades, always have. No sooner do I as Admin/Moderator get use to the functions, and Members get comfortable with how the Board works...then the Software folks change and enhance the software and I need to perform an Upgrade. The good news is these Upgrades usually include current security measures against spammers, hackers, etc. 

As is this particular Software/"Community Suite" is very robust and has a load of features I don't even utilize. I like to keep things as simple as possible and generally only utilize the Forums section.

Ive had a major Upgrade waiting in the wings. I typically wait for a spell while any bugs are worked out and do the Upgrade. Well it's time. 

Not sure exactly when, but likely in the next few days, the Board will be down for a short time. Don't freak out if a few things are different once it is back online. I can typically disable any new default functions that I don't like or think will compromise the Members experience, and use of the Board. 

Im getting too old for this constantly changing digital world we now live in.

Urban_Redneck

Change is bad

Wisconsin

Change is good.

Tom Avent

Change is neither good or bad........it is inevitable

Brad Eden

Changing your underwear is good. Constant app and software changes Is stressful.

dogrunner
12 minutes ago, Brad Eden said:

Changing your underwear is good. Constant app and software changes Is stressful.

Don’t wear any go Commando. 😆

Tom Avent
13 minutes ago, Brad Eden said:

That made me spit coffee.

Brad Eden
31 minutes ago, Brad Eden said:

18 minutes ago, dogrunner said:

Don’t wear any go Commando. 😆

My boys need a home. (that might be a Seinfeld quote, not sure)

Lurch

at any rate, change or not, thanks for all you do to make (and keep) this the best place on the InterWeb frequented by the best people (and me).

NHBirddogger
1 hour ago, Brad Eden said:

Having to change your underwear can be stressful.

Larry Brown
1 hour ago, Brad Eden said:

Brad, thanks for your recognition of the fact that the board membership includes a lot of luddites!  And it's also true that the older we get--in general--the less we like change.

Before I retired from the Army Reserve, I was in charge of a large group of Army/Navy Reservists using "secure" computers.  (I wasn't officially the commander, because back then there was no such thing as a "Joint" Reserve unit.)  Anyhow, most of us were part timers, showing up one weekend a month.  The full time IT guys--being typical IT guys--loved to make every change they could possibly make.  All to improve the system, of course.  Well . . . about the 3rd or 4th time in a row that I arrived for weekend duty, turned on my computer, and discovered that I could not log on, I had a little heart to heart chat with the IT guys.  Pointed out to them that if all we accomplished our one weekend a month was adjusting to the changes they'd made, then we weren't really accomplishing anything.  That didn't seem to sink in.  When I offered them the alternative of doing IT support in Bosnia, that seemed to get their attention . . . and the frequent changes became less frequent.

Your changes are not nearly as frequent.  Thanks for understanding!

RuffChaser
2 hours ago, Urban_Redneck said:

Change is bad

2 hours ago, Wisconsin said:

Change is good.

Change is bad unless I like it, then it's good.

Jalinkly
9 minutes ago, RuffChaser said:

Change is bad unless I like it, then it's good.

So true for all of us. 

SelbyLowndes

Despise change, underwear excepted...SelbyLowndes

erik meade

I am 47 years old. I have gone to the same barber for 40 of those years.