gunsrus

Double foot

gunsrus

The thread on standard shift and sports cars got me wondering . Does anyone here drive with the right foot doing the gas and left foot does the brake ?

My 70 year old wife drives that way , drives my daughter and I nuts . Obviously when I tried to teach her to drive a stick it was utter failure !

dogrunner

My dad does and I don’t like it. 

Dakota Dogman

Depends on how rough the Scout is idleing today...

God bless,

Brad Eden

I think it's just a bad habit people fall into and can't give up.

A good friend snapped his right Achilles' tendon while vacationing in FL. He stayed for surgery and ended up buying a clean no rust Tacoma down there, and drove it back to MA using the bad foot on gas and left foot for brake. He said it made for a very stressful and long drive.

kgb

Two feet for drag racing, best way when you're trying to get a front tire to leave an optical beam close to within .001 seconds of a signal (an eye blink takes about .250-.350 seconds).  Otherwise no.  My favorite technical editor wrote of taking his driver's test in the 1960s and braking with his left foot.  The evaluator told him that was wrong so the kid, a wise elbow even then, showed him the instructions in a Chrysler (Imperial?) manual recommending exactly that.  Riding the brake with the left foot is not a good idea, I used to see brake lights flicker as people drove along and figured it was a two-footer rather than electrical or brake system issue.

erik meade

Left foot when pretending I am a rally car driver...

MNice

No, although my dad did and in his final years, his driving became dangerous (jack rabbit starts...chirping tires, etc). I do see a lot of older folk riding their brakes though, usually in the hospital district of town, which I assume are two-footing it. 

NECarson
2 hours ago, kgb said:

Two feet for drag racing, best way when you're trying to get a front tire to leave an optical beam close to within .001 seconds of a signal (an eye blink takes about .250-.350 seconds).  Otherwise no.  

Exactly. It depends on what and how I'm driving. 

If you wait for green, you already lost. 

CheckCord

Brake lights are on most of the time when people drive with both feet.  Dangerous to the cars driving behind them. 

gunsrus

My daughter and I will follow her and unbelievable , the brake lights only come on when necessary . She is also very good on brake replacements . She handles it well but we still give her crap about it !

Marc Ret
56 minutes ago, gunsrus said:

My daughter and I will follow her and unbelievable , the brake lights only come on when necessary . She is also very good on brake replacements . She handles it well but we still give her crap about it !

Sooooo, her bigfootin' the brakes drives you crazy. How long's she been tolerating you and all that life with "gunsrus" entails? No doubt, she drew the short stick in that deal...

gunsrus
1 hour ago, Marc Ret said:

Sooooo, her bigfootin' the brakes drives you crazy. How long's she been tolerating you and all that life with "gunsrus" entails? No doubt, she drew the short stick in that deal...

she loves me..........today !

Zoli 16ga.
On 7/24/2019 at 8:06 AM, gunsrus said:

The thread on standard shift and sports cars got me wondering . Does anyone here drive with the right foot doing the gas and left foot does the brake ?

My 70 year old wife drives that way , drives my daughter and I nuts . Obviously when I tried to teach her to drive a stick it was utter failure !

Old people and race car drivers (two feet or heel and toe of right foot)....thats about it. 

Greg Hartman

Heel and toeing isn't that.  You operate the clutch with your left foot; the brake with the heel of right foot; and the throttle with the toe of your right foot.  The idea is that when you are flogging into a corner  at 10/10ths under max  braking, you rev the engine while hitting a downshift so your don't lose the rear end, but have plenty of revs to power out of the apex.  That way, you (not the car) determine how much the rear steps out.

Marc Ret
1 hour ago, gunsrus said:

she loves me..........today !

Yes, she does. Go figure. 

**A wiser man would have texted that post to your phone around 9:00 tonight. You know, when she would have seen it.