2019 UJ SUMMER SILENT AUCTION IS LIVE Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
EB&Me

Yellowstone Park

EB&Me

I was wondering if anyone has fished the park in late October. If so, any thoughts or ideas on different areas of the park to try. Especially wondering about the Yellowstone above Hayden Valley. Would it be pretty crowd free at this time. Thanks for any input.

WyomingArt

Fished it many times. Will PM with some ideas. My guess is you're fly fishing. 

Yes, there will be few visitors in late October.  Note the roads could close any time in October   It's a long way detour around if it does.

Bullwinkle

Beware fishing season usually ends the first Sunday in November. I have been going for years the two weeks beginning labor day. I would suggest the Lamar Valley for fishing. The weather the end of October will be a real crap shoot. What type of transportation are you driving and from which direction are you coming into park from?

EB&Me

We will be entering the park at South entrance. I know the weather could be great or terrible at that time and change at the drop of a hat. So we plan to play it by ear with a back up plan to fish around Jackson or Casper, weather dependant. We wil be driving a Jeep Wrangler, probably pick up some chains if things are looking iffy. We'll be doing an antelope opener on Oct. 15. So hoping to fill those tags and still have a week left to mess around sightseeing & fishing. Should be a fun trip regardless. The road through Lamar Valley remains open all year, does it not?

floodcity

Lot of options around the Jackson hole area if weather prohibits Yellowstone.

Keith E. Carlson

One of our great friends is a fishing guide out of West Yellowstone ( 40 + years ).

He has a home in our area ( Asotin, Washington) for the Winter.

In late September-early October he fishes a lot on the Madison in the Park for big Browns coming out of Hebgen  Res.

He usually leaves West Yellowstone in mid-October or when ever the snow is too much to handle in west.

He is often home by 5-10 October.