2019 UJ SUMMER SILENT AUCTION IS LIVE Read more... ×
DoubleAuto

What to do, What to do?

Mike da Carpenter
12 minutes ago, DoubleAuto said:

I guess I am leery of buying a used truck and inheriting someone else's problems.

I’m not.  Sounds like a perfect starter truck for a teenager.  HA!!  Joking because I read your other reply, but if you change your mind in the next year, please remember us.

blanked

Doesnt anyone just get tired of looking at the same vehicle over 10 years

mccuha
2 hours ago, blanked said:

I don’t.  I drive them till the wheels fall off. I then try to put them back on. 

kgb
22 hours ago, blanked said:

Getting close.  Started with a '99 Dakota then picked up a 2004 Dakota with difference being two more doors and an automatic transmission.  Still love the view through the windshield, don't think there's anything out there to replace it with the possible exception of the new Ranger.  Might have to just go another direction when the time comes.

Kansas Big Dog

I have had 3 vehicles in the last 25 years. All Ford of course. The total cost for those 3 vehicles was $38K. They were all well maintained and had few minor repairs. Altogether I got over 750K miles out of them. All had original motors and transmissions. All have been sold and are still being driven.

Since I am a bird hunting fool, I have had to be very frugal to hunt as much as I desire. I am also a financial accountant with 2 MBAs and it makes no financial sense to spend money on highly deprecable assets in which autos are the worst. I would much rather spend it on traveling and hunting.

salmontogue
On 8/15/2019 at 3:11 PM, blanked said:

Ten years?  I try, within reason, to get at least twenty.  I always have a beater or two.  

SODAKer

The key to holding on to vehicles is not to factor in how old you will be when you are projecting when you will replace it; that can be depressing if figuring longevity on the number vehicles you will own.