2019 UJ SUMMER SILENT AUCTION IS LIVE Read more... ×
jeff88

Long Road Trip - what would be your ideal ride and tunes?

Zkight89
39 minutes ago, Clueless1 said:

I apparently only have one deficiency, just happens to coincide with my wife's pitch.

Honestly, mine is the same. Often can't hear my three year old worth a damn either. 

mccuha
2 hours ago, Clueless1 said:

I apparently only have one deficiency, just happens to coincide with my wife's pitch.

agreed  I'm 100% sure that's why I cant hear a lot of what she says.  Soft quiet voice ( but at times with a hint of sarcasum and bite)

Greg Hartman

Well, #1 and #2 would be the same to me. I would take what I actually do take - this:

5-28-19  On the road again

Towing this:

8-8-19 - Ranger - 2

I like Sirius/XM - bounce around between Prime County, Outlaw Country, Bluegrass, Classic Vinyl and Classic Rewind.  I'll listen to CNBC to hear about the market; and now and then I try to figure out what is actually going on in the world by listening to Fox, BBC World Service and PBS on XM and combining them in my head.

canvasback

Did someone say "road trip"??

I'd like to replicate a trip I did in the late 1970's. Car and music.

I took my 1967 RS/SS Camaro Convertible and I drove the length of the Trans Canada Highway, starting in Moncton, NB on the East Coast (not quite the start of the TC Highway but I wasn't going to Newfoundland just 'cause!) and was at the western terminus of the TC Highway at Tofino 6 weeks later. Included relatively lengthy stops in Montreal, Toronto, Winnipeg, Banff and Vancouver.

For music, I'd scan the AM dial once the sun was down and pick up stations from all over the northern half of the US. Lots of fun passing the hours seeing what stations were coming in.

jeff88
9 hours ago, Zkight89 said:

Unfortunately due to the same line of work I'm catching up to my Dad quicker than I'd like. Drives my Wife crazy sometimes. 

Wait, what dd you say?

Zkight89
16 minutes ago, jeff88 said:

Wait, what dd you say?

My knows that's the next line when she sees me squinting at her in concentration...

Dakota Dogman

The road trip of my dreams... Sunrise on the East coast, Sunset on the West. Coast to coast in an IH Traveler (with a replaced motor for gas mileage sake, or maybe one of the original Isuzu diesels). Taking only back roads... No interstate allowed. Start in mid Sept and hunt my way across.  Maybe "next sabatical"! 😋

Did a road trip out to Jersey... 

Found my ear looking for Road songs....

Convoy

Smokey and the bandit

Hot Rod Lincoln

Then fun "everybody has to sing along" songs...

Elvira

The Battle of New Orleans or El Paso

A thousand miles from nowhere

Etc.

After that, 80s and 90s country and some current Christian like Zack Williams

God bless, 

Don Steese
On 8/14/2019 at 3:42 PM, Greg Hartman said:

I try to figure out what is actually going on in the world by listening to Fox, BBC World Service and PBS on XM and combining them in my head.

Enough of those mental gymnastics and you'd end up with a migraine to end all migraines!! 😵