Geoff Roznak

Favorite kind of fish to chase

WyomingArt

Fixing Walleye tonight for DW and I. Couple filets dusted with Panko and flour, Tartar sauce with a dash of Cayenne, Cole slaw.  Doesn't get much better.

Cold water favorites: Cutthroats and Brook trout on the fly rod.

Warm water: fly rod for Northerns, jigging for Walleye. SM, LM Bass. It's hard to pick just one.

Salt water: Our salmon populations are in serious trouble. I didn't fish for them this year. Likewise didn't target Halibut. My favorite salt water fish on the table is Ling.

Millriver

Smallmouth Bass, Native Brookies on a dry fly, Northerns and Pickerel. Never caught a Musky but on my bucket list 

WI Outdoor Nut

I like to chase all fish but my #1 preference is walleye.  Preferred method is fan casting shallow flats.  I have been involved in some tourney the past few years and love the challenge and competition.  Do a weekly league on Wednesday nights for 8 weeks in summer.   

2019-4-2 pair.jpg

2013-4-20 27.jpg

2019-8-14 bay.jpg

2019-4-2 scott todd.jpg

Remo

Couple nights ago a buddy wanted to go for walleyes. We trolled up past the deep water and turned at the weedline. We both hooked up on big bluegills. By the time I got mine off the hook he had another one. We switched to small jigs and drifted past the weeds catching more bluegills and then some crappies and nice perch. There were a few smallmouths in the mix too that we released. I have to say I had as much fun as when I was a little kid.

stripersonfly

As Stephen Stills wrote...if you can't love the one you want, love the one you're with...my favorite fish is probably the one that is around that I can catch.  Having said that....

1-Striped bass

2 -Bluefish

3 - Bluefin Tuna

4 - Redfish/Red Drum

5 - Snook

My preferred method is fly fish, but I have been known to pick up a spinning rod, and even soak a bait upon occasion. 

Geoff Roznak
14 hours ago, WI Outdoor Nut said:

I like to chase all fish but my #1 preference is walleye.  Preferred method is fan casting shallow flats.  I have been involved in some tourney the past few years and love the challenge and competition.  Do a weekly league on Wednesday nights for 8 weeks in summer.   

2019-4-2 pair.jpg

2013-4-20 27.jpg

2019-8-14 bay.jpg

2019-4-2 scott todd.jpg

Those are some nice walleyes!

I'm not a walleye guy...the tactics needed for most walleye fishing aren't in my sweet spot...I don't have the patience for jigging and trolling, and envy those who do...I've been stuck at 28 3/4" for a number of years with an incidental bycatch while chasing Esox on Lake of the Woods...

WI Outdoor Nut
8 hours ago, Geoff Roznak said:

Those are some nice walleyes!

I'm not a walleye guy...the tactics needed for most walleye fishing aren't in my sweet spot...I don't have the patience for jigging and trolling, and envy those who do...I've been stuck at 28 3/4" for a number of years with an incidental bycatch while chasing Esox on Lake of the Woods...

Was in the some boat for many years, and just couldn't break the 30" mark.  Then I caught a 31".  Year after that, 7 over 30".  This year I think I have 4 or 5 over 30.  The top photo, the fish on the left was 30.5" and 9.64#'s.  Didn't even break 10.