Tim Frazier

2015 Tacoma Double Cab V6

Tim Frazier

Anyone have any experience with this engine or this year Tacoma?  Just looking for feedback as I found a low mileage one locally.

Thanks

Brad Eden

Buy it.

CheckCord

Impossible to go wrong with a Tacoma.  They hold value like almost no other vehicle.  

RookieEP

How low?  What price?

Tim Frazier

76,000 miles for $23,899.  Tow package alloys, pristine interior (cloth), 6" bed with cover.  Essentially it looks new.

RookieEP

Lotta life left in that baby. 

ccavacini

Buy it.  They last forever.

Clueless1
36 minutes ago, Tim Frazier said:

76,000 miles for $23,899.  Tow package alloys, pristine interior (cloth), 6" bed with cover.  Essentially it looks new.

I'd like to see a bed bigger than 6 inches. 

Tim Frazier
Just now, Clueless1 said:

I'd like to see a bed bigger than 6 inches. 

HA!  ' not "

Brad Eden

TRD off road package? Would have TRD decals on rear quarters. Generally better shocks, skid plates etc.

Tim Frazier
7 minutes ago, Brad Eden said:

TRD off road package? Would have TRD decals on rear quarters. Generally better shocks, skid plates etc.

No, I'm sure that would make it more expensive!  It does have the tow package which I was glad to see.  The place is close to where my wife works and I had her stop by.  She is very picky about vehicle interiors and she said it was nice.  We've bought two other vehicles off of this guy over the past 12 years or so, both for the girls and both good vehicles we had no issues with.

RookieEP

Tim is handy.  He could self TRD that thing

River19

I'm a Toyota fan, as others have said, if that is the configuration, color etc. you like buy it.  If you hate it in a year and put 20K on it you will still damn near get your money out.

Damn near all my friends love the Tacoma, as I say often, there are two types of people in VT.  Those who have a Tacoma and those that are saving to buy a Tacoma.

That being said, I don't get it, I would rather have something else from Toyota's SUV/Truck line for that money.  If a Taco suits your needs jump on it....plenty of web and aftermarket support to do anything to that rig.

topdog1961

Kelly Blue Book retail price in my area for the vehicle in good condition at that mileage is $25k. If it’s better than good, that’s a bonus. 

76,000 miles on a 4 year old vehicle is not considered low mileage, but not bad, especially considering it’s a Toyota. KBB said typical mileage is 64k, so it actually gets a minor price deduction for the mileage. 

GLS

What years were the frames bad and suffered serious rust to the extent that Toyota did the call back and replacement?  Preaching to the choir regarding Toyotas.  My 2003 Sequoia 4x4 with the 4.7 engine runs like a top with 223,000 miles on it.  (At least it has until I just put the kiss of engine failure on it by posting this.  Too late to take it back. ) If the Tacoma has been cared for, 300,000+ miles should be no problem.  With that as a goal, only 25% of life has been used up.  Less if a lot of the miles were road miles.  Some say that road mileage puts 10% of wear on a vehicle that city driving does.   I just saw a piece on youtube  (Scotty Kilmer) which contends that KBB and NADA have contributed to the higher used car prices in the US compared with the UK where prices are considerably lower and there are no such services.  KBB is owned by Autotrader and the argument is that this drives up prices.  I don't know one way or the other as I use it as  guide as well and you can bet sellers of all stripes do as well.  Gil