Tim Frazier

2015 Tacoma Double Cab V6

RJR

Gil I believe the years 2001-2005 were the rusty frame recalls. With that being said several different year trucks before and after had that problem but were not included in recall. The 2015 is considered a generation 2. The generation 3 came out in 2016. I drive a 2017 off road and love it. 

Jazz4Brazo

I have the 06 Tacoma and as I posted elsewhere although they replaced the frame they didnt replace everything else that is rusting out as I write this...I am with Steve on this and would put $$ towards something other than a Tacoma in the future...big price premium for what you get size/performance wise but then again they do have a following!

J4B 

Tim Frazier

The advantage to this particular truck is I believe it is rated to tow 6500lbs.   The new base model is a 4cly which typically I would prefer but my next truck has to have at least a 5,000lb rating. 

I will say, 2015 Xteras seem to be a real deal right now. 

GLS
18 minutes ago, RJR said:

Gil I believe the years 2001-2005 were the rusty frame recalls. With that being said several different year trucks before and after had that problem but were not included in recall. The 2015 is considered a generation 2. The generation 3 came out in 2016. I drive a 2017 off road and love it. 

Thanks for the info.  A buddy has a 1987 extended cab with the 22R engine.  At 275,000 he replaced the engine with one out of a wrecked fuel injection 4 cylinder.  His son, a master mechanic, swapped it out for him in an afternoon and replaced the fuel injection with the old 2 barrel off the old engine.  The old engine had plenty of life in it, but someone gave him the wrecked low mileage truck which was totaled but the engine was low mileage.  I hated to guess how many turkeys he carried home in that truck.  He was a shrimper and the bed rusted out and he and his son found another wrecked truck and replaced the bed themselves.  Gil

RookieEP

You buying it?