2 Ugly Dogs

Silverados

WPG Gizmo

We have Ford crew cabs trucks at work granted they are 2 wheel drive but the front wheel bearings have to be replaced every 25K as they are junk these are all 2016-17 year trucks we are now going with Dodge Crew cab 4x4's as the fleet gets rotated out.  They will not even look at Chevy.

NECarson
On 9/8/2019 at 9:04 AM, 67diesel said:

I'll betcha the piston rings or other engine components were outsourced to China.  

So? 

When I did headgaskets on my truck, I bought two ones made in China. Because they are a better head gasket than the problematic ones made in America. 

A large percentage of engine components are made in China, and work very well. 

Lurch
On ‎9‎/‎8‎/‎2019 at 6:15 PM, sidepass said:

l'll take a peek at Ford Also along with the Ram with the Cummings. 

not to be the Grammar Police, but lose the "g" in Cummings - the engine guys down the road from me in Columbus, IN can be a little sensitive about that...

sidepass
3 minutes ago, Lurch said:

not to be the Grammar Police, but lose the "g" in Cummings - the engine guys down the road from me in Columbus, IN can be a little sensitive about that...

Done!

ScottGrush

My 2016 GMC Sierra had all of the symptoms mentioned in that article. Tranny went out at 107,000 miles. No warranty $4k repair. 26,000 miles later  it is starting that shutter thing on acceleration again. This is my work truck. 

I have been a GM family guy all my life but if I were buying new today it would not be a GMC or Chevy. Sucks to say that. 

RookieEP
2 hours ago, ScottGrush said:

My 2016 GMC Sierra had all of the symptoms mentioned in that article. Tranny went out at 107,000 miles. No warranty $4k repair. 26,000 miles later  it is starting that shutter thing on acceleration again. This is my work truck. 

I have been a GM family guy all my life but if I were buying new today it would not be a GMC or Chevy. Sucks to say that. 

It is sad.  My wife’s company work vehicles are the same lots and lots transmission going out around 75,000 miles.  These mainly highway miles and not pulling crap as well!  Inexcusable IMO

DonT
3 hours ago, ScottGrush said:

Same here I was a die hard GMC guy, but my last truck left me with a bad taste.  I decided to look at all the trucks, once I drove the ford I no longer wanted a GM.  The Tundra wouldn't work for me as it wasn't available with a crew cab 6.5 ft bed. 

RookieEP

Im hoping the Tundra has more flexibility with the bed length

Jacksdad

I think I read GM changed the transmission for the 2020 trucks?  

Cheesy

Sister in law has a 2016?? with a 6.2L in the 1/2 ton GM.  She bought it from a local dealer and part of the buy was 'lifetime powertrain warranty'.  She thought she couldn't get hurt.  The local dealership got bought out by a bigger lot.  In the 'lifetime powertrain warranty' was a clause about if they were bought out.  Of course her truck is having transmission issues now....

paul frey

I have a 2012 Silverado and had to

pit a new transmission in it at 130000 miles. 5K$.