Brad Eden

Maine deer seasons have begun...

MAArcher
On 12/2/2019 at 6:43 AM, Brad Eden said:

Typically yes we do. But my garage ceiling is too low to get a weight with gambrel/hoist and my scale.

I have low ceiling in my garage as well.  To weigh the deer you just have to hog tie the legs all together and hoist the deer up sideways to get the weight, then let them back down and hang them the right way after. 

Brad Eden
5 hours ago, MAArcher said:

I have low ceiling in my garage as well.  To weigh the deer you just have to hog tie the legs all together and hoist the deer up sideways to get the weight, then let them back down and hang them the right way after. 

Cool, but Too big a hassle. If something truly worth weighing I'd hook to tractor bucket or to my deck and then back to garage. All I know is it was big.

BBlizzard18

A few years ago the local general store, where most bring deer around here, erected a very nice game pole out of some large wooden beams.  They put a winch on it and purchased an expensive digital scale.  The design ended up being too short for any deer over 90lbs, and the deer needed to be “hog tied” to be weighed.  People didn’t like it, or was confused how to use it.  The older women that work at the store weren’t much help.  Now the nice game pole is only used for a spotlight that is shining down on the ground scale.  I preferred the winch due to me being by myself most of the time.  We are allowed to just estimate the weight, but I’m always curious.  

Nine days of Muzzleloader opens tomorrow in VT.  I have a buck tag, and an antlerless tag. Five inches of fresh snow.  

Auto-5

Very nice congrats Brad