Jazz4Brazo

AB to the Pats....this ought prove interesting.

Brad Eden

Belichick has a knack for tamping down egos and troublemakers, and taking the nobody wants, and the who's that's, and then winning Super Bowls.

bennelli-banger

plausible that AB and the Pats conspired to undo the Raiders deal a while back...the feet, the helmet, the behavior...constructing a deal so rapidly with the Pats would have been tough...but they wouldn't touch him unless he was released...this is what I hear...I know nothing...just like Schultz!

mccuha

I just heard along with the other millions of people on Sunday night football that the patriots wanted AB but the Steelers would not let him go to them when they were trying to get rid of him after last season.  In the end they got what they wanted in the first place.  Just around the world to get him.  Fishy ? Probably want ever know. 

Brad Eden

AB is not playing tonight. 

kgb

If he can be kept happy, AB will absolutely shine in N.E.  Heaven forfend.

RookieEP
12 hours ago, GuyO said:

If Josh Gordon keeps his nose clean, pun intended, and AB can keep his mouth shut. Brady will have two of the most talented on the field he’s ever had.

Randy Moss was pretty good..

NHBirddogger

It's looking like it's going to be another good year to be a Pats fan.

Clueless1
12 hours ago, Brad Eden said:

Belichick has a knack for tamping down egos and troublemakers, and taking the nobody wants, and the who's that's, and then winning Super Bowls.

He also has a knack for knowing to only keep these players for 2 years or so, then releasing them before they become a 'problem' again. 

NW River Mac
19 hours ago, Craig Doherty said:

AB Gate -- did the Patriots devise his demise in Oakland?  Was this the plan all along when the Steelers didn't want him going to the Pats originally? ;)

I can see the headlines now Craig,  "Tamper Gate" 

john mcg

We won. A Steelers nightmare.

NHBirddogger
6 minutes ago, john mcg said:

We won. A Steelers nightmare.

The Steelers looked deflated.

kgb

Steelers can hope to do better against the lesser teams, pretty much their only hope.  Maybe some NCAA scrimmages?  Pittsburgh Dad should be a good one this week.

jeff88
2 hours ago, NW River Mac said:

I can see the headlines now Craig,  "Tamper Gate" 

Heard it called "CrazyGate".  Anyone who's watched AB for the past 2 years wonders whether he has suffered a terminal bell ringing or has the worst case of egomania in history.  Could the Pats reel him?  My guess is yes.  But if he really has suffered from some level of CTE, nothing might work.  AB is staying at Brady's house and everyone is kumbaya right now but watch when Edelman gets more throws than him or Gordon is reeling in more deep balls.  Kumbaya will go to ka-boom!"

As for the game last night, do the Pats even need AB?  Wow, what a thrashing of PGH.  It was really hard to watch how big the gap is between the Stillerz and Pats.  A 7th SB win for NE is looking highly probable if they keep playing defense like that.  The AFC East is loaded with either Pats or Patsies, NE should be 6-0 and easily go 14-2 with their schedule.  

Chukarman

AB reminds me of TO, but dumber.

chilly460

Sigh, nightmare scenario is watching the Pats be dominant...again...while that A-hole being successful.  Just the worst.  I'm sure the Pats are in a no-lose situation here.  They needed firepower to keep up with the Chiefs so they pick up AB with a contract that I'm sure has language for opting out for crazy behavior.  BB is untouchable at this point, so he has zero issue getting rid of problem players no matter the skill level or need (Jamie Collins).  

If it works out, they have an uber-weapon to go along with a revitalized emphasis on the running game.  If he's whacko, they cut bait quicker than any other team would be willing to do, and move along like nothing happened.