Jazz4Brazo

AB to the Pats....this ought prove interesting.

Brad Eden

BB ain't gonna put up with any nonsense. Like I said. That was a game last night. I hit the sack before halftime cuz I was up at 4:15 to drive 45 minutes to be on a deer bow stand at first light. Nice surprise when I found out they won. Handily.

stripersonfly

I am not sure you can put too much credence in the Pats trying to create this situation.  The Raiders were colossally stupid in releasing Antonio Brown, so much so that I cannot think anyone would have planned on his being released and being able to pick him up.  By releasing him, the Raiders make him immediately available to to other teams.  They were well within their rights to suspend him for 4 games for behavior unbecoming a player.  The Raiders would not have to pay him during this time so they have removed any financial pressure they might feel.  At the very least this would have kept him off the field of a potential competitor for 4 weeks. It also would have given them time to try and find a potential trade partner.  

It is funny, some of the local talk show pundits love the move.  Others think it is awful.   Why bring in a such a potential locker room problem like Antonio Brown.  My take, is chilly460 has it right, Belichick the coaching staff and Brady will have him on a short leash or he is gone.   Personally, I think he may have a tough time here.  Brady throws the ball around.  His favorite receiver is Edelman and I do not think that is going to change much.  He also has some other serious talent to contend with.  Josh Gordon (Who has his own demons to contend with but who looked very good last night) and Demaryius Thomas.   The whole Patriots philosophy is putting the team above yourself and making those sacrifices.  AB does not seem to follow that philosophy in any way, shape or form.  However, if Brown and Gordon behave, and Thomas stays health, they are going to be one hell of a receiving core   With the D looking as good as it did last night, people are already talking seriously about the 19-0 season. 

kgb

Maybe AB will behave himself better, knowing he's got an express ride to the big game now.  Fewer catches should be easier to swallow when he knows a ring awaits next winter. Where else is he going to go? Belichek should have no problem keeping him at heel, now that I think about it. 

stripersonfly
13 minutes ago, kgb said:

Where else is he going to go?

There is a lot of truth to this statement.  If you cannot behave yourself and be successful in one of the most successful franchises in sports history, why would anyone else want to take a chance on you?

Spiller

jeff88

Glad the Raiders won last night w/o AB.  First time in my life I was happy to see the Raiders win.  😎  Looks like the Pats and the Raiders really don't need him.  Wonder if that will occur to AB that he may have made two bad decisions leaving both Pgh and Oakland?

Sunday morning I was taking a long drive to Mtn bike and listened to MadDog sports on XM.  A caller named Diane who is a die-hard Pats fan said she was really disappointed by the Pats taking AB on.  She's a sports coach, her view is that the Pats don't need him nor should reward him for bad behavior by signing him.  When she coaches, she includes integrity and responsibility with her team - AB has none of that, in fact, is the complete opposite of that.  It was cool to hear other callers after her chiming in about how much they appreciated what Diane said.

If there really is karma, AB is off the Pats.  That said, the Cowboys, Seahawks and/or Browns would pick him up in a second.

Brad Eden

I think Gronkowski needs to bulk back up and return to football. I saw him in on a talking heads TV show, pushing the CBD company (Topical not oral  CBD) he's a spokesman for, and acting like "Gronk". I honestly don't wish him any ill will, but he is a meat head. Even idiot applies. It was embarrassing watching him. But I guess he has been smart with his money. Gotta give him that. 

dogrunner
15 hours ago, Spiller said:

That was funny. 

Don Steese

It's early to make a judgement but the Pats already look like another Super Bowl winning team, and that's from a diehard Packers fan!!

john mcg

Everybody that knows football, knows the Pats winning a SB was just a fluke.

🙂

kgb
5 hours ago, Brad Eden said:

But I guess he has been smart with his money. Gotta give him that. 

They all should be smart with it, knowing from the inside how quickly their days playing can end due to injury if nothing else.  I don't know how long the world around the NFL has been so focused on the revenue it generates and which circles its structure in the form of fantasy leagues, etc., but I don't recall my father and his friends talking so much about the money paid to players as seems to go on with fans today.  Maybe it's just a change in the degree.  Sports betting was big enough then (1970s), not sure how many announcers had Al MIchael's intense interest in the outcomes of individual games that otherwise were lost to a team but the spread was still in contention.  At least if your favorite team doesn't seem to be doing so well, individual players also on your fantasy team still have the opportunity of making the Monday return to work a bit more cheerful.

Brad Eden

AB is toast and he hasn't even suited up in the Pats colors.

Mike da Carpenter
18 minutes ago, Brad Eden said:

AB is toast and he hasn't even suited up in the Pats colors.

Sounds like he has pretty active hands though.

DennisMcFeely

Well that didn't take long.