Jazz4Brazo

AB to the Pats....this ought prove interesting.

gundogpa

ifs pretty funny how the pats are so smart to grab him.......then so smart to let him go. No one sees the irony of having it both ways?  LOL

GB Jack
3 hours ago, gundogpa said:

ifs pretty funny how the pats are so smart to grab him.......then so smart to let him go. No one sees the irony of having it both ways?  LOL

Oh , everyone outside of the east does. Amazing  how fast the “ bill and Tom” will make these problems go away crowd , have done a 180. They will win the super bowl, they always do, who cares anymore . Bill will outsmart everyone , like he always does . Tom will continue to throw 5 yard check downs to wide open receivers, and they will get home field , playing the juggernauts of the Bills, Jets, and dolphins , twice a year.

Brad Eden

Haters gonna get. Winners gonna win. Cue the cheat memes.

jeff88
On 9/21/2019 at 7:32 AM, Jim Vander said:

The NFL has pretty spotty record dealing with these guys, Ray Lewis Adrian Peterson etc. Money rules, morals well not so much. But hey at least ball pressure gets the attention it deserves.

Adrian Peterson got away with a small fine (for him) and community service that he never performed.  After opening many bloody wounds on a small child while beating the kid with a switch, the local Montgomery officials looked the other way when he didn't even perform his minimal sentence.  AB may entirely skate on any civil or criminal charges which will then give a team at least plausible deniability when they bring him on board.  Dallas has a long history of bringing in these types of players - that is who I'm betting takes a flyer at AB unless the NFL blackballs him completely.  

jeff88
On 9/21/2019 at 4:07 PM, ccavacini said:

Wonder if any of this would have happened if he would have stayed with the Steelers.

My belief is that it had already started and was recognize for a while by both the Steelers and local sports media.  AB literally threatened to beat the $#!+ out of one of the NFL's longest term reporters, Ed Bouchette.  Why?  Ed B reported Brown left a practice walking gingerly.  Brown was running roughshod over everyone and anyone he encountered.  When the Steelers traded what appeared to be the best NFL receiver in the league for a 3rd and 5th round pick with Oakland, I thought they had been taken to the cleaners.  Now I believe that was brilliant. 

That the Pats still played him after the details came in from the woman who brought the civil case says a lot.  Am I a hater then?  Even when I have often written that Brady is the GOAT?  My take there is a lot to strongly dislike about the NFL, New England and AB is high on that list for me.

Dave in Maine
On 9/21/2019 at 5:07 PM, ccavacini said:

Wonder if any of this would have happened if he would have stayed with the Steelers.

Even Tomlin - who bears a lot of the blame for letting Brown's misbehavior grow, fester and metastatize - could not tolerate Brown blowing off a game with playoff implications, i.e., week 17 last year.  There was no way he was going to stay in Pittsburgh.

More serious, at least as to the Steelers, is how Tomlin's coaching malpractice has damaged that team.  LeGarrette Blount and LeVeon Bell were busted smoking dope in a car;  there was some league discipline but not team discipline.  Later, Blount walked out on the team in the middle of a game.  Then he wound up on New England, where he was a good citizen and won a Super Bowl, then went to Philly where he was a good citizen and won another Super Bowl, and now he's in Detroit and, to all appearances is a good citizen.

Tomlin rode James Harrison, perhaps the embodiment of Linebacker, explaining his limited playing time by saying Harrison was like a classic car, one you took out only on sunny days and smooth roads.  He insulted Harrison as a player and a man, and Harrison responded by becoming a bad citizen, ultimately getting cut.  He wound up on New England, a paradigm of good teammate and citizen and (you might remember) played the entire Super Bowl against the Eagles.  The Eagles left him alone.

LeVeon Bell, Tomlin also let him run wild with his ego - there was a game against Buffalo where Bell would not come out of the game despite massive rushing numbers, wound up tweaking his groin and being less than a force in a game that counted later in the season.  Tomlin said, to the effect, that boys gotta play.  Then Bell did his holdout drama queen act last year and all the media could talk about was would he or won't he, detracting from the team.  You might recall, Bell's teammates looted and trashed his locker, for his having been a bad teammate.

And then there was Brown.

All this flows from Tomlin's approach and is his fault. 

And then there is his dubious playcalling and strategy.  There are probably 2 or 3 Pittsburgh Super Bowl appearances that never happened because of Tomlin.

Brad Eden

interestingBrad.jpg

I'm serious.

Brad Eden

Slew of Posts removed/hidden. Not interested in managing where it was headed, nor explaining my moderating. See my Meme. someone can start another Pats Topic if they want.