Sign in to follow this  
SxSetter

RuffLand Kennel Carry Handles

SxSetter

I made these up to "handle" moving this kennel with the dog around at the airport, on the plane, in the rental for an upcoming trip out west.  I like the build of this kennel so far, nothing to rust and it came with glued in threaded inserts for 3/8" bolts.   I had some telescoping aluminum tubing from a boat travel cover, so a tube within a tube for rigidity.  Drill, bolts, lock nuts and chair leg caps and finished product  😁.

Thinking of mounting some handlebar gun holders for when its riding behind the seat in the quad cab....🤔

20190910_172925.jpg

john mcg

Nice job!

CheckCord

Nice.  Are you positive you can fly the dog in a roughland?  I thought they had to be in a clamshell type kennel with a lip at the middle and no holes in the bottom half? 

SxSetter

Not on Westjet from what I could find.

https://www.westjet.com/en-ca/travel-info/pets

Last time through we had a bunch of newbs on job for the guns and the dogs.  Fairly sure we were better versed on the check in than the check in crew.  Big bump in fees this year for dogs, guns and over-sized cargo 😒

SxSetter
1 hour ago, CheckCord said:

Nice.  Are you positive you can fly the dog in a roughland?  I thought they had to be in a clamshell type kennel with a lip at the middle and no holes in the bottom half? 

Might have to get an all metal door. Going to call the airline  tomorrow to confirm.  FAA has specific regs for approved kennels, seems less well defined in Canada