1971snipe

Is it Halloween yet?

1971snipe

A buddy of mine last night told me he still don't know exactly what he saw a few nights ago.  He went out to the back yard kennel to feed the dog after dark, and while filling the food dish, got a bad feeling that he was being watched.  Suddenly the dog barked while looking at the shed roughly 15 yards away.  He glanced over just in time to see a dark figure, man-like on two legs, 4-5 ft tall, go behind the shed. 

He opened the gate and the dog ran over to the shed but just calmly sniffed around like nothing was there.  Then he walked over to look behind the shed, and nothing was there.  The hair stood up on the back of his neck, and he immediately ran to the house with the dog running with him.  He returned with a light and gun but found nothing, so he put the dog in the kennel, looked around again, then went inside.  

He says he's still not sure what he saw, but whatever, it surely un-nerved him.  He lives along a small bayou, with Marsh and woods nearby, so there's no telling, really.  But I told him it was likely not a ghost, but just a young, curious Bigfoot.   

Millriver

How far from Area 51? There’s a group crashing that this weekend, maybe the locals relocated to your buddy’s house for the weekend just to get away.

Brad Eden

To answer your question in your Topic Title: Almost given I've bought the first bag of Reese's Halloween candy which will be gone well before Halloween. Doesn't matter since we get zero trick or treaters here in the woods.

No idea what your friend saw.

chilly460

I don’t believe in ghosts and goblins or bigfoot, and can lean either way on aliens.  I do know that when I was 19 and got out of the car to take a leak on old Barrets Road, I saw some very odd eyeballs reflecting in the light about 6’ tall above the road bank, that put a shiver up my spine and made me not wait to zip up my fly before turning and running back to the car.  My buddy Lou saw the eyes too.   I’m sure it was something explainable, but I also know to trust my spidy senses and got the hell out of there

Snipeaholic
1 hour ago, 1971snipe said:

A buddy of mine last night told me he still don't know exactly what he saw a few nights ago.  He went out to the back yard kennel to feed the dog after dark, and while filling the food dish, got a bad feeling that he was being watched.  Suddenly the dog barked while looking at the shed roughly 15 yards away.  He glanced over just in time to see a dark figure, man-like on two legs, 4-5 ft tall, go behind the shed. 

He opened the gate and the dog ran over to the shed but just calmly sniffed around like nothing was there.  Then he walked over to look behind the shed, and nothing was there.  The hair stood up on the back of his neck, and he immediately ran to the house with the dog running with him.  He returned with a light and gun but found nothing, so he put the dog in the kennel, looked around again, then went inside.  

He says he's still not sure what he saw, but whatever, it surely un-nerved him.  He lives along a small bayou, with Marsh and woods nearby, so there's no telling, really.  But I told him it was likely not a ghost, but just a young, curious Bigfoot.   

In the bayou more likely a Skunk Ape than Bigfoot. Bigfoot's territory is more western.

Marc Ret

image.jpeg