marsingbob

Astro 320 Tones

marsingbob

I cannot hear any tones from my Astro 320.  I have "tones" on for point alert, and some other communications.  I also cannot hear a tone when I hit a key.  Finally I cannot hear a tone when I change from one tone to another.  Is there some other setting I need to deal with?  Maybe a volume control?  Any suggestions on how to make it talk to me again?  It used to have audio alerts.  It seems to siill have a vibrate alert.

airmedic1

It seems to me I remember a volume control.  I will look at mine this weekend if someone doesn't answer before then.

marsingbob

Will really appreciate any help you can give me on this!

Cooter Brown

Garmin's menus can be a little confusing.  At least on the Alpha, if you go the menu for Tones and it says "ON", that indicates a choice, not a state.  So tones would actually be off and if you want them on you'd need to click on it.  It would then say "OFF", which would indicate that the state of the tone function is activated, and that pushing the button would turn it off.

It's worth a shot.  If it's not that I've always had good luck with Garmin customer service.

airmedic1

I just looked at my Astro 320 and it does not have a volume adjustment that I can find.  If you push the "menu" button twice it will take you to the main menu.  Toggle down to "setup" and enter.  Toggle down to "tones" and enter.  There is an "off" and "on" selection on the top choice and you can toggle down to select your choice of tones for the "message beep".  I use Tone 8 since that is the one I hear the best.

You might try a complete reset and be sure to check for updates at Garmin.  I think they still support the 320 but I know they don't support the 220.

Sorry I mislead you to think there was a volume control.

marsingbob

Thanks for looking airmedic1.  I had tried turning tones off and on.  I will try Tone 8--maybe it is my ears that are failing!!