Sign in to follow this  
terrym

Antenna broke on my DC40

terrym

Anybody deal with this? Season just started and sending it away will mean weeks without it. Only have one collar. I’m sure the collar clinic can repair it. Wonder if it’s a simple do it yourself?

Cooter Brown

Assuming this is the radio antenna, it's easy to do yourself.  I don't have one in hand but I think the cover is only a couple of screws, and a larger screw holds down a ring connector on the end of the antenna.

Gundog supply sells the replacement antennas as well as replacement screws.  The screws are cheap enough so that you should just get some in case you drop one or damage it getting it out.

terrym

Great. I will be calling them in the morning. Thanks. 

rolawson

Get the screws. The ones on the DC40 are very soft. Make sure you start with the proper size screwdriver to get them out. They are easy to round off.

NW River Mac

Believe it or not I have a homemade antenna.  I used plastic covered dog run wire and clamped a  ring  connector on the end of it.  Works fine. 

terrym

Got one on the way from the collar clinic. $20. Thanks all. 

Mike Connally

I replaced mine. 10 minutes. 

terrym

Got the new part, gotta love the collar Clinic. Yup about 10 minutes to repair. 

terrym
On 9/30/2019 at 10:56 PM, rolawson said:

Get the screws. The ones on the DC40 are very soft. Make sure you start with the proper size screwdriver to get them out. They are easy to round off.

Ended up replacing those screws with Allen head screws. No more issues with those soft heads.