REGISTERING FOR MEMBERSHIP ON UPLAND JOURNAL Read more... ×
Brad Eden

Chevy all electric Bolt

stephen brown
On 10/4/2019 at 5:45 PM, blanked said:

Altimas advertsied all around here for 19,500.  

And they're pretty reliable with the 3.5L engine. My 2009 has 190Kmiles and needs some repairs due to rust. Battery is really easy to replace and inexpensive  Unfortunately Japanese parts are not cheap.

casts_by_fly
On 10/1/2019 at 12:31 PM, pjourn said:

I'm ready for it. No refueling, no oil changes.. I'm in. Make it 4wd with good range and I'm sold. 

Batteries are improving by leaps and bounds and electric vehicles are going to reflect that in the near future.

I vividly remember the early makita cordless tools. They were handy, but no substitute for corded drills. Fast forward to now. I haven't used a plugin circular saw, drill or driver in a long time. I basically only charge my e-collars to top them off, not because they go dead. I'm typing on a laptop that I don't even take a charger for when I travel.

Bring on the electrics!

On 10/1/2019 at 3:55 PM, RayB said:

I heard Tesla now has an option on their self driving car that will let the car come to you. 

On 10/4/2019 at 6:13 PM, WMassGriff said:

If the right situation I'd try one. Right now for me its 4WD, ground clearance, and guts to tow the boat. 

We just got a model X. As others said, not the cheapest, but if you are comparing like for like cars of the same class it isn’t far off. Ours is AWD, has adjustable body lift and decent ground clearance (think Subaru, not Ram), and comes with a class three hitch and 5000 lb towing capacity. 320 miles on a full charge.  And it goes like stink when you floor it (0-60 in just over 4s for a 5500 lb car).  No services required.  No oil to check.  Just tires and brakes and the brakes last much longer due to the regenerative braking. 

self drive is pretty cool. Summon is a neat trick, and probably not bad if you parked in the back of the lot and now it’s pouring and you don’t have an umbrella. Im not sold on its utility generally yet though.