dogrunner

Alpha TT 15 mini.

dogrunner

Charged it after use then unplugged it light stays on and the on/ off button does nothing. Called the Collar Clinic, lady said maybe the collar needs an update. I have never heard of that and never updated it or my bigger older collar. Have not called Garmin yet. Any advice?  

1E43A263-836E-4700-94B2-25388094342B.jpeg

Cooter Brown

Put the plugged in charging cradle back on the collar, leave it for a minute, then take the charging cradle off.  That will probably fix it.  I've had mine act weird like that before.

The first thing Garmin does on a cust svc call is ask if you've updated.  You should do it.  Make sure you update the collars and the handheld at the same time.

Note that if you have a Mac computer you CANNOT update a regular size TT15.  It'll hose it up.  You CAN update the handheld and a TT15 Mini and any other Garmin collar on a Mac, just not a TT15.

You'll need the charging cradles and cables and a USB port on a computer to update the software.  If you have any doubt call Garmin and they'll walk you through it, but it's pretty straightforward.

https://www.garmin.com/en-US/software/express/

dogrunner

Thanks,    the first thing didn’t work. I’ll try the computer when I get a chance, never knew you had to update a collar.  

gaberdeen
27 minutes ago, dogrunner said:

Thanks,    the first thing didn’t work. I’ll try the computer when I get a chance, never knew you had to update a collar.  

I just update mine this year and everything seems alright. Keep us posted how it works out.

Cooter Brown

Make sure the four gold contacts on the collar are clean.  Wipe them off with a damp paper towel, dry, then try the first thing again.  Worth a shot.

Update everything anyway.

Fire Marshal Bill

Cooter, how often should the Alpha 100 system ( transmitter/collar) be updated?  I've had mine about 2 yrs. and everything works fine. But I'm wondering if there are improvements to the system since I brought it. I'm not very computer savy so I don't want to update if I don't have to. 

Thanks for your help.

dogrunner

Went to Mc Donald’s for Wi Fi and Garmin wouldn’t recognize my hand 🖐 held so no go so far on the fix. Not sure why,  I have updated it before but I didn’t have time to mess around.  

MDash2
21 hours ago, Fire Marshal Bill said:

Cooter, how often should the Alpha 100 system ( transmitter/collar) be updated?  I've had mine about 2 yrs. and everything works fine. But I'm wondering if there are improvements to the system since I brought it. I'm not very computer savy so I don't want to update if I don't have to. 

Thanks for your help.

Here is the link which provides the description for each software update.

Alpha 100 Software Update

Fire Marshal Bill

Dash2, thank you for the info.

tut

Had problem with my T5 Mini and did the Garmin Express update.  If you hook it into your computer via the USB drive good things will start to happen. 

dogrunner

Light still on, can't get the Garmin site to work when I download what I need and have not called them yet.  Ordered a new collar. 

dogrunner

So I chat them and then someone calls me. A lady I can’t understand calls 🤨 after they already knew my problems. Not sure why they have a lady call that pretty much any white American male would not be able to speak too. After a few minutes I tell the chat lady to give me another person, they don’t. The call person try’s to load there program on my computer twice it don’t work. She says I have a virus.  Then she tells me about there virus protection they sell 🧐. Hmm Garmin is into virus protection now. I tell her it’s to pricey, she ask how old I am to see if she can get me a better deal and if I’m an AARP member. All while I keep asking her what she is saying because I can’t understand her. Then comes back with a better price I don’t like and after I tell her that she hangs up. 🥺.  So I get my new collar but they say to update the handheld first,  well I can’t.  So the old collar light finally dies and I try the button. It makes a noise and comes on but the light is red.  But before the button did nothing. So for the heck of it I charge it again. It’s still red in the morning so I hold the button for about a half minute and presto it’s working again. It’s been fine ever since and I still can’t update nothing no matter what computer I use.