Kansas Bound

Insoles

Kansas Bound

I have had really good luck with the cork insoles in my Meindl boots over the years.  I recently purchased a pair of Crispi Nevadas.  The factory insole seems less than impressive.  I was going to get a pair of cork insoles from Meindl for the Crispi.  It appears they cannot be purchased anymore.  The cabelas website does not have them (unless size 8). The Meindl USA webpage does not show them.  

I have been researching other insoles.  Ones of interest are Lathrop and Sons.  At $54 they seem tempting but damn another $15 to ship seems crazy.  Any other ideas??

salmontogue
1 minute ago, Kansas Bound said:

I have had really good luck with the cork insoles in my Meindl boots over the years.  I recently purchased a pair of Crispi Nevadas.  The factory insole seems less than impressive.  I was going to get a pair of cork insoles from Meindl for the Crispi.  It appears they cannot be purchased anymore.  The cabelas website does not have them (unless size 8). The Meindl USA webpage does not show them.  

I have been researching other insoles.  Ones of interest are Lathrop and Sons.  At $54 they seem tempting but damn another $15 to ship seems crazy.  Any other ideas??

Filson

chilly460

Great topic, I just picked up a set of Lowa Tibets they feel great and fit my feet but the factory insoles are thin and the midsole is very hard so looking for an insole with some cushion.  Huge number of search repsponses indicate Superfeet Greens are good.  I put the nice gel Dr Scholes in my Meindls because they’re cheap and available but they’re heavy

Jakeismydog2

I use superfeet greens. I like them.

French Brittany28

I spoke to the USA Meindl folks a month or so back. New models are coming after the first of the year and I believe insoles also. Nice folks. 

WPG Gizmo

The best insoles I have ever used I got from a Orthopedist.   I have Bunions on both big toes and was going in to see him for shoes I explained that I have shoes that fit great but need a better insole and he fixed me up.  Highly recommend you see a foot doc if you want the best you can get.

SODAKer

I've used Power Step original insoles for years and they have been a foot saver for me in all kinds of shoes and boots. 

Kansas Bound

Well I got lucky.  Stopped at the local Cabelas over the weekend to verify the online inventory.  They actually had two Meindl cork insoles in my size.  I bought both pairs.  

Thank you for the recommendations everyone.  

john mcg

I really dig cork insoles. I got the Filson ones some years ago.

The idea was inspired by my old Birkenstocks.

🙂

Swampy 16

I use the Dr Scholls from Walmart and have had no issues.

Two Barrels

I have had good luck with Superfeet Trail insoles in my Danner boots.  The Danner airthotic shipped with their boots does not work for me.

WAGinVA

Powersteps 

Swampy 16
10 hours ago, Two Barrels said:

I have had good luck with Superfeet Trail insoles in my Danner boots.  The Danner airthotic shipped with their boots does not work for me.

What Danner’s do you have?

Two Barrels

Swampy,

I have the Danner Grouse boot as well as the Explorer hiking boots.  They are both built on the same last.  The hiking boots are shorter, all leather and have the Vibram lug sole.  I buy the boots in EE and the Superfeet insoles are a snug fit in the boot

Swampy 16

I have the Sierra’s in regular width. My left foot gets a weird pinch and can’t figure out why. They’re already a little snug in the toe area but loose in the heel. I put half insoles in and solved that problem. They just seem so hard on the bottom. Maybe it just takes that long to break them in?