Wirehair

Wisconsin youth hunt success!

Wirehair

This past weekend was the Wisconsin youth gun deer hunt. Saturday it rained solid all day and we tried for a couple hours in the morning and evening but all we got was wet.  Sunday turned out nice. My son Kaden made a great 60 yard shot on this button buck an hour before closing time.  He used his CVA wolf muzzleloader that he got for Christmas. He was shooting 60 grains(volume measure) of Blackhorn 209 powder and hornady 300 grain sabot. The deer drop in its tracks, stood up and walked 10 feet and tipped over dead. Complete pass through high lung and then liver on the off side. 

%3E

Clueless1

Great job! 

Brad Eden

Wicked cool, as they say up heya! Congrats to your son. I'm not of the opinion that does and small deer are the only good eating deer and bigger bucks not...I like all venison, but will admit a button buck is the best eater of the lot.

Wirehair
16 minutes ago, Brad Eden said:

Wicked cool, as they say up heya! Congrats to your son. I'm not of the opinion that does and small deer are the only good eating deer and bigger bucks not...I like all venison, but will admit a button buck is the best eater of the lot.

Thank you! Yep were not fussy and eat them all and luckily my son loves venison. His deer he got last fall we had hot dogs made with some of the venison and that was awesome stuff.

Brad Eden
7 minutes ago, Wirehair said:

Thank you! Yep were not fussy and eat them all and luckily my son loves venison. His deer he got last fall we had hot dogs made with some of the venison and that was awesome stuff.

I dont key in on them but have shot a couple button bucks with my bow in late season/December. Thought they were mature does in this Management zone/hunt at dusk, til I felt the nubs and saw they were rangier than a Doe. No complaints or regrets on the dinner plate!

aje4

Very cool!

UplandHntr

check him out! Very cool! Congrats to both of you!!

max2

Very nice ! Good job on the shot placement !

Enjoy the good eats !

dogrunner

Nothing wrong with that, I like when a kid takes a young deer, tasty meat. 

Millriver

Congratulations!

Scrappy

Fantastic! As a fellow muzzleloader hunter that warms my heart.