topdog1961

&@!@# Raccoon.

Rockdoc

When I was staying in SW Nebraska during 2017 pheasant season I learned to literally hate deer! They have to be the dumbest creatures on earth! One night I'm driving around a bend in the road and there's two deer, one standing in each lane. My only recourse was to go in between, which would've been fine until the passenger side deer spooked and smashed his ass into my right side fender. How do I know it was his ass? Because the was a big streak of deer crap on the fender. The next night I let a guy pass me and then I followed. I figured he could plow the row for me. I'm not a tailgater so there was space between us, enough space so a deer was able to let him pass and then Bambi crossed right in front of me, thankfully no one was following me closely because with the way I had to brake I would've been rear-ended for sure. It's interesting, I've seen coyotes wait for traffic to clear before crossing, why can't deer do that?

All y'all have a great deer season... PLEASE!

Steve

Swampy 16

Years ago I was driving behind a little old lady in an Aries K car, remember those? There was a freshly killed deer smack in the center of the road, I was behind her and I even saw it !!!!! She however did not !!!!! She drove completely over this deer. All she did was pick her head up and look in the rear view, never breaked, slowed down, swerved, nothing !!!!! Just kept right on truckin’. Also, this year I had a pigeon go through the grill of my F-150, yep, through it. Also got rear ended by a Chevy box van, got a little dent in my bumper, and tail gate. He had to get towed. His entire grill was laying on the ground, antifreeze pissing out. They’re tuff ass trucks.

topdog1961

The estimate is in, $1,322 from my body shop. Less than I expected. State Farm has already put the $ in my bank account, zero deductible and comprehensive claims do not affect my rates because they are not within my control (I think the term used to be “acts of God” before that became politically incorrect). 

And God has been smiling upon these $&&”@ raccoons, at least around here. There is an explosion of them. Coming back from hunting Saturday night, I counted 5 live ones on the road in a one mile stretch. I was in my F150 and was swerving to hit them but they kept dodging me. I just know they are waiting until I get my car fixed to run out in front of me. 

Swampy 16

Nest raiders !!! Crush em’ when you can.

Virgil Kane

Try hitting a flying turkey, it's like hitting a flying bowling ball.

BTW until fur prices start to go up expect more raccoons.  Not many people run coons much anymore.

Virgil