Sign in to follow this  
snood

Alpha in "lock" mode

snood

Can anyone tell me if when you have the alpha in lock mode and you hit one of the  training / correction buttons if it's supposed to stay on the correction screen until you unlock it? I've just began using it and I keep it in lock mode so that I don't change the correction, however I like to keep it on the compass mode to track the pup and when I press the tone button for example it remains on the correction screen until I unlock it. Drives me nuts and I probably know it's me not the unit.

Cooter Brown

It shouldn't do that.  Seems like mine did once and I forget the fix, or if I just "rebooted".  Have you tried powering down and starting it again?

If that doesn't work update the software.  If it still does it call Garmin cust svc.

Locher

agree with Cooter.  I remember mine doing that when I first got it and I'm guessing an update took care of it because it goes back to the compass screen now.

snood

Thanks guys, I'll try updating it.

snood

Unfortunately that didn't work. I did call garmin earlier and the guy said it shouldn't happen - couldn't tell me why, so I figured someone here may have had the same issue.  I'll try them again tomorrow if no one else has any solutions. Thanks

snood

And now all of a sudden it decides to work properly. I love electronics🙄

Cooter Brown

I'm sure mine did that once.  It might have been a setting I accidentally switched it to and then figured out how to make go back.  I forget.  I'll try to recreated it tomorrow.

If it's a setting issue defaulting to factory settings should do it, though you'll have to re-set it to the way you prefer it.

Coveyrise64

Easy fix....!

I have the compass set as my home screen.

In the picture I hit the far left training button. The display will flash to the level and function of the button.  At the same time in the lower right of this picture you will see a "push pin" symbol appear. In this configuration after a short time delay the display will revert back to what ever screen you had as the home screen. Lock the screen in this mode and the unit will revert back to the screen you selected to lock.

Unpinned.thumb.jpg.024b4731a28e8de7b9a5d8194448edaf.jpg

Again, In the picture I hit the far left training button. The display flashes to the level and function of the button.  At the same time in the lower right of this picture you will see a "push pin" symbol appear with a slash trough it. In this configuration the display will stay in this mode until the Alpha is screen is unlocked. Lock the screen in this mode and the unit WILL NOT revert back to the screen you selected to lock.

Pinned.thumb.jpg.a308233f665b478e9e8a8f4bdf720108.jpg

For training I wont use the Lock Screen function. By using the bottom picture as an example the training buttons screen is pinned to the top of the screen and wont revert back to the home screen until the "push pin" is reset. For me it makes it easier and quicker to raise or lower the intensity.   

Hope it helps....

Cooter Brown
5 hours ago, Coveyrise64 said:

Easy fix....!

I have the compass set as my home screen.

In the picture I hit the far left training button. The display will flash to the level and function of the button.  At the same time in the lower right of this picture you will see a "push pin" symbol appear. In this configuration after a short time delay the display will revert back to what ever screen you had as the home screen. Lock the screen in this mode and the unit will revert back to the screen you selected to lock.

Unpinned.thumb.jpg.024b4731a28e8de7b9a5d8194448edaf.jpg

Again, In the picture I hit the far left training button. The display flashes to the level and function of the button.  At the same time in the lower right of this picture you will see a "push pin" symbol appear with a slash trough it. In this configuration the display will stay in this mode until the Alpha is screen is unlocked. Lock the screen in this mode and the unit WILL NOT revert back to the screen you selected to lock.

Pinned.thumb.jpg.a308233f665b478e9e8a8f4bdf720108.jpg

For training I wont use the Lock Screen function. By using the bottom picture as an example the training buttons screen is pinned to the top of the screen and wont revert back to the home screen until the "push pin" is reset. For me it makes it easier and quicker to raise or lower the intensity.   

Hope it helps....

That's it!!!!!!

snood

Thanks, I must have hit the button by mistake to correct it! Hadn't figured out what that push pin was for... I wish I had the guy's extension over at Garmin so I could let him know!