Dongotto

Baseball playoffs WOW!

erik meade

That sure was a fun game last night!  Awesome baseball. 

Now that my Cardinals are out, unless the Cubs are in, I always root for the National League team, so this year I do not know who to choose...

Dave Erickson
12 hours ago, erik meade said:

Now that my Cardinals are out, unless the Cubs are in, I always root for the National League team, so this year I do not know who to choose...

It'l be the Crew next year. Get your hat.

Virgil Kane
13 hours ago, erik meade said:

So I'm confused a bit.  Does that statement mean you are NOT a Cubs fan?

Just so I'm perfectly clear, my favorite team to cheer for is any team playing against the Cubs.

Virgil

erik meade

I was unclear. I root for the national league. Unless the NL team is the cubs. In which case I root for the AL team to beat the Cubs.  

I want the Cubs to lose.

Dongotto

The series will have some pitchers that will likely make the hall. Should be a fun one to watch. 

jeff88

Living in Houston, this is fun to watch.  Lifelong Pirates fan but these Astros are not only good, they seem like really good guys, easy to root for.  Sort of like the Penguins of MLB.  

Dogwood

3 ex-Tigers starring in the series.  Verlander, Scherzer, and Sanchez.  Meanwhile the Tigers finish at the bottom of the heap. How does that happen?  Sheesh.

Natty Bumpo
31 minutes ago, Dogwood said:

3 ex-Tigers starring in the series.  Verlander, Scherzer, and Sanchez.  Meanwhile the Tigers finish at the bottom of the heap. How does that happen?  Sheesh.

How does that happen??? Some astonishingly bad management/trades is how that happens. Criminally bad..........>:(

1971snipe
On 10/14/2019 at 7:59 AM, 1971snipe said:

It was the bottom of the 11th, score tied 2-2, the bottom of the Astros order coming up, they had already left 21 runners on base, and it was one minute from midnight.  I'm going to bed, I was saying, and then I looked and saw that Correa had just hit a walk off home run.  Sweet dreams!  But still, 21 runners left on base?  Got to do better than that this week in NYC.  

They're doing it again, stranding runners on base.  Left 15, I think, through 5 or 6 innings.  Maybe it'll turn around now that the Nats have gone to their bullpen.  

1971snipe
8 minutes ago, 1971snipe said:

They're doing it again, stranding runners on base.  Left 15, I think, through 5 or 6 innings.  Maybe it'll turn around now that the Nats have gone to their bullpen.  

Make that 22 baserunners stranded through 7 innings.  Wow. 

Virgil Kane
12 hours ago, Dogwood said:

Watching the Tigers ( one of my favorite MLB teams by the way) is like watching the Lions ( another of my favorite NFL teams).  They may be winning at the middle of the game but we all know that by the end of the game they will loose in a heartbreaker. 

Just look what ex-Tiger catcher James McCann did for the White Sox this last year.

Virgil

Brad Eden

Bummer...woke up to the news. Astros will rally...although I do like the Nationals too. But I have a bet with my wife and money on the line.

dogrunner
12 hours ago, Natty Bumpo said:

How does that happen??? Some astonishingly bad management/trades is how that happens. Criminally bad..........>:(

Also crappy coaching choices, any kid getting drafted to those teams probably wonders why me. 

dogrunner
33 minutes ago, Virgil Kane said:

Watching the Tigers ( one of my favorite MLB teams by the way) is like watching the Lions ( another of my favorite NFL teams).  They may be winning at the middle of the game but we all know that by the end of the game they will loose in a heartbreaker. 

Just look what ex-Tiger catcher James McCann did for the White Sox this last year.

Virgil

You must be depressed 9 months out of the year, add in Pistons and Wings and you can do all 12. 😁

Virgil Kane
9 minutes ago, dogrunner said:

You must be depressed 9 months out of the year, add in Pistons and Wings and you can do all 12. 😁

No, I'm a baseball and football fan more that I am a team fan.  I enjoy good play no matter who it is (except the Cubs) and all those teams you mention have some very good players on them. But I do have a good friend that grew up in the Detroit area that contemplated slitting his wrists over Detroit team losses but then figured they just weren't worth it.  Like my friend says, every Detroit team will loose in the last few minutes of the game no matter how much they lead by. LOL

Virgil