Dongotto

Baseball playoffs WOW!

Mike Connally

Great series. Great game last night. 

I even stayed awake past midnight! 

Brad Eden

I woke up to the news. I wanted the Astros to win. Probably because I was more familiar with that team and the players. This was a very evenly matched WS. I even started to like Verlander a little. I sorta wish there wasn't a winner but both teams got participation trophies...not really though.

phonefly

"Houston --- we have a problem!"

Crazy Horse

What, no lady flashers????  ;~)

Cooter Brown

A good series, though I mostly watched in bits and pieces.

Does anyone else find the strike zone rectangle superimposed on the screen annoying as hell?  It makes the broadcast almost unwatchable for me.

Somebody really needs to tell the producers that just because you can do something, it doesn't mean you should.

Brad Eden

I think MLB should adopt the electronic pitch call. They are doing it in the minor leagues. The ump stays behind the plate with a head set and is immediately told ball or strike. He can override the computer call if he wants, and is there for other calls at the plate. I know human error is part of "the game" but with instant replay and reviewed calls, why not?

vabirddog
9 hours ago, 1971snipe said:

The visiting team won every game.  Congrats Nats.  

I guess In the end home field advantage cost them. Congrats Nationals! Finished the fight. 

mister grouse
17 minutes ago, Cooter Brown said:

A good series, though I mostly watched in bits and pieces.

Does anyone else find the strike zone rectangle superimposed on the screen annoying as hell?  It makes the broadcast almost unwatchable for me.

Somebody really needs to tell the producers that just because you can do something, it doesn't mean you should.

If you would take some of the aluminum foil off those rabbit ear antenae  you use on the old 15 inch Philco black and white TV you have I doubt you can see that box and it wouldn't bother you anymore.....

Cooter Brown
2 minutes ago, mister grouse said:

If you would take some of the aluminum foil off those rabbit ear antenae  you use on the old 15 inch Philco black and white TV you have I doubt you can see that box and it wouldn't bother you anymore.....

I'll have you know it's a Crosley, with genuine veneer!

mccuha
4 hours ago, Brad Eden said:

I woke up to the news. I wanted the Astros to win. Probably because I was more familiar with that team and the players. This was a very evenly matched WS. I even started to like Verlander a little. I sorta wish there wasn't a winner but both teams got participation trophies...not really though.

Don’t even start that.  There’s always going to be winners and losers no matter what it is.  Just have to be better or learn from your loss

Natty Bumpo
4 hours ago, Mike Connally said:

Great series. Great game last night. 

I even stayed awake past midnight! 

Agreed; I stayed up to watch the whole game too. I think that Scherzer pitched a whale of a game early, for a guy who couldn't even get out of bed or dress himself three days ago. A historic series in many ways.