Sign in to follow this  
Mike Connally

Collar batteries

Mike Connally

I decided to replace my Dogtra batteries before the season gets going. I normally order from the Collar Clinic but the last set of batteries from there barely made it through one season. I guess there is no telling how long they have been on the shelf. 

Today I tried Batteries Plus. Their website lists most popular dog collars and the replacements. You can order them online or just pick them up in the store. I picked up two batteries for my old 2000 series collars. They work just fine and are 400mah vs 300mah that I got from the Collar Clinic. Should give about 25% more storage. 

Same price. 

5A272521-6FE8-422A-95E5-64E964697439.jpeg

Willy

I had an issue with my Garmin Alpha handheld and got a replacement for the $110 out of warranty fee. I think it may have just been a bad battery, but they wanted me to send in the unit and swap it out. I figured it was worth it to get a new one with a new battery, when my handheld was already 6-7 years old. I mentioned that I was nervous about the TT15 collar battery, and the woman I spoke with said she'd send me a new battery for the collar free of charge!

The only issue after installation is that the handheld shows the collar as constantly having low battery (and it's fully charged). I'm pretty sure I figured it out. I have a Mac, so I can't update the TT15 software until I can get to a PC (tried it once, and it bricks the collar until you can update the software with a Windows PC). The new battery is a higher capacity, and the software update that I need to install will allow the collar to recognize the new, larger capacity. It's a little disconcerting to see that little sliver of red when you check the battery on the collar, but I've hunted all day with it, and haven't had the collar die yet. Need to find a friend with a PC so I can update the collar.

gunsrus

Good to know Mike . 

mccuha
6 hours ago, Mike Connally said:

I decided to replace my Dogtra batteries before the season gets going. I normally order from the Collar Clinic but the last set of batteries from there barely made it through one season. I guess there is no telling how long they have been on the shelf. 

Today I tried Batteries Plus. Their website lists most popular dog collars and the replacements. You can order them online or just pick them up in the store. I picked up two batteries for my old 2000 series collars. They work just fine and are 400mah vs 300mah that I got from the Collar Clinic. Should give about 25% more storage. 

Same price. 

5A272521-6FE8-422A-95E5-64E964697439.jpeg

I use batteries plus all the time now to replace my batteries. If they don5 happen to have a particular battery pack , they can make them up.  If you have a store in town you don’t even have to order it or send anything off.