REGISTERING FOR MEMBERSHIP ON UPLAND JOURNAL Read more... ×
mccuha

Charging collars

mccuha

I saw it some where I think.  I carry a surge protector strip with me when I go out of town hunting. I plug in all my collars to recharge in the strip using the regular plug ins.  My collars have micro usb ends.  Im thinking of getting a surge strip that has the USB ports and rig all my chargers to use the usb cords to charge the collars.  Anyone doing this ?  If so, does it work ok. The main reason I’m changing is the plug ins are so big and take up so much room on the power strip. 

WPG Gizmo

I run one charger with a USB splitter I have two collars for the Astro makes it easy this way I also have a splitter for my Dogtra 2002 charge both collars and the handheld at the same time go on Amazon they will have what your looking for

airmedic1

I have ecollars and T5 GPS collars for all six of my dogs so I use two of these and a short power strip surge protector.  https://www.amazon.com/USB-Charger-Charging-Station-Multiple/dp/B07HK7WWFS/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?crid=249ORXLSTZ97Y&keywords=usb+multiport+charger&qid=1575817319&smid=A2IYYLRZOHIOEK&sprefix=USB+mul%2Caps%2C198&sr=8-1-spons&psc=1&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUEzTzc2TUJVVFJMRU0yJmVuY3J5cHRlZElkPUEwMDU2NDg3MTRWWlhQR0pNU1pHSSZlbmNyeXB0ZWRBZElkPUEwOTg0NjM0MkJPS1hJMFZSME1KTSZ3aWRnZXROYW1lPXNwX2F0ZiZhY3Rpb249Y2xpY2tSZWRpcmVjdCZkb05vdExvZ0NsaWNrPXRydWU=

I also use Amazon rechargeable AA batteries for my Astro 430 and carry that charger to plug in to the power strip as well.  I carry all of the collars, chargers and power strip in a blind bag that I picked up for cheap. I also carry a couple of replacements antenna and a screwdriver to change then out.  It’s handy to have everything together in one spot and keeps me from forgetting anything when I travel. 

EllieGSP

I have it slightly simpler with only one dog/collar, but I made up a 'electronic kit' out of a simple tool bag with foam cut to fit all items needing charging.  Garmin 550 plus trransmitter, collar, Astro 430, Garmin watch, gopro batteries, and a AA charger.  All the charging cables are USB powered and routed under the foam bottom.  I use a AC to 6 port USB power port and only have to plug one item into 110VAC at home, motel, inverter, etc.

I can store and/or transport in the bag without damage and such.  -b

2019-12-09 18.04.57_1.jpg

Craig Doherty

I use a USB charger with splitters and a bunch of cables I can charge a lot of stuff while only using one regular plug in a power strip.  I also have a cable with a splitter and a 12 volt plug in the truck in case I need to charge something during the day.  most likely to be charged in the truck is the T-5 when I have multiple braces during the day.  We also bought some usb wall sockets that replace a two regular plug unit with four USB outlets of in the kennel.

6FFA0E29-65BC-4700-9CAE-2B8CE5409754.thumb.jpeg.e109f6116077c09ebc67386f783dd98c.jpeg

hmm363

What kind of cables are you using to go from the USB charger to the Garmin collar and to the receiver? Wondering about the cable ends that make the connection to the collar and receivers.

airmedic1
7 hours ago, Craig Doherty said:

I use a USB charger with splitters and a bunch of cables I can charge a lot of stuff while only using one regular plug in a power strip.  I also have a cable with a splitter and a 12 volt plug in the truck in case I need to charge something during the day.  most likely to be charged in the truck is the T-5 when I have multiple braces during the day.  We also bought some usb wall sockets that replace a two regular plug unit with four USB outlets of in the kennel.

6FFA0E29-65BC-4700-9CAE-2B8CE5409754.thumb.jpeg.e109f6116077c09ebc67386f783dd98c.jpeg

That is familiar, looks like me when I am charging all of my stuff.

Garmin uses mini USB cables for charging the T5 series and I am assuming the TT series as well. That also works on the Garmin PT 10 collars and the remote.

The smaller size is called a micro USB.  I bought mine off Amazon. 

Craig Doherty
11 minutes ago, airmedic1 said:

That is familiar, looks like me when I am charging all of my stuff.

Garmin uses mini USB cables for charging the T5 series and I am assuming the TT series as well. That also works on the Garmin PT 10 collars and the remote.

The smaller size is called a micro USB.  I bought mine off Amazon. 

All the Garmin stuff now uses the same mini use plugged in either directly or into a charging clip -- in my pic there's a couple of EXP collars a T-5, 3 TT-15 minis, two alphas, two bark collars, and a Pro 550.

john mcg
7 hours ago, Craig Doherty said:

This picture is a riot.

I pictured an octopus with hiccups.