Sign in to follow this  
topdog1961

I need a youth hunter in NW Ohio

topdog1961

This is the first year my son has aged out of eligibility for Ohio’s youth hunts. Unfortunately my beloved Britt, Belle, has aged out also, I won’t be taking her out again.  But my GSP needs some bird contacts. If anyone knows of a responsible youth hunter, accompanied by a responsible adult, who would like to hunt over him this Saturday morning for the youth phez release at Oxbow near Defiance, please PM me. 

I’m sure I won’t have trouble finding someone to hunt over him if I just show up. In years past I’ve helped out many dog-less kids after my son got his birds. It’s a win win for all. But if a UJer knows of someone I could make arrangements with in advance, that would be great. 

OHhamster

If you're just looking to run the dog then another option would be to go looking for woodcock at a non-release  area. Good on you though for wanting to let a youth experience a hunt over a bird dog!

MSchafer
9 hours ago, topdog1961 said:

This is the first year my son has aged out of eligibility for Ohio’s youth hunts. Unfortunately my beloved Britt, Belle, has aged out also, I won’t be taking her out again.  But my GSP needs some bird contacts. If anyone knows of a responsible youth hunter, accompanied by a responsible adult, who would like to hunt over him this Saturday morning for the youth phez release at Oxbow near Defiance, please PM me. 

I’m sure I won’t have trouble finding someone to hunt over him if I just show up. In years past I’ve helped out many dog-less kids after my son got his birds. It’s a win win for all. But if a UJer knows of someone I could make arrangements with in advance, that would be great. 

my son had school obligations all weekend but a friend went to Tiffin river to just guide for those without dogs saturday and sunday but never saw another sole

topdog1961
1 hour ago, MSchafer said:

my son had school obligations all weekend but a friend went to Tiffin river to just guide for those without dogs saturday and sunday but never saw another sole

There’s always youth hunters at oxbow, both with and without dogs. At least on Saturday. 

topdog1961

Never mind. My weeknights are now filled up with dog fence business and it’s bleeding into the weekend. It doesn’t look like I’ll be doing much hunting this season. I need to cut back to one job.