Cooter Brown

Jeb Needs Prayers and Mojo

Cooter Brown

Dammit.

Yesterday around noon my Jeb started to drool out of the right side of his mouth.  I thought he was just hungry or something but it didn't stop.  That afternoon he ate more slowly than normal and seemed to not attack his milkbone treat like he usually does.  I thought maybe he'd broken a tooth.  Today it didn't get any better--I still figured a broken tooth or something stuck in his gum but I couldn't find anything after looking at his mouth several times.  I noted he was drinking water more slowly than normal--some time after that I was checking him and he yawned and I saw that his tongue was shifted to one side.  That was early this evening.

I examined his mouth again and looked underneath his tongue; it was very swollen and hard, a big knot.  You can even feel it from underneath his jaw.  It appears somewhat discolored.  It doesn't seem to hurt when I press on it from outside.  I wish it did--I'd figure it was more likely to be an infection if it hurt.

I've given him two amoxicilin since then just in case and will give him another tonight and get him to the vet first thing in the AM.  He's only a little over two years old and is the sweetest dog in the world and handled his grouse beautifully in the UP this year.  I really like this dog.

This one's got me spooked.

atticus

3 setters mojo on the way. 

gunsrus

Three more Setters sending mojo . 

Felix

Two dogs from PA and the human they own are wishing for the best possible report after the vet visit tomorrow.

NJ_Springer

Mojo and prayers sent

lee sykes

hoping for the best for the little guy and a prayer .

Zkight89

Had a bulldog years ago that showed similar symptoms from eating certain types of tree roots. Vet fixed him up quickly but the @$$hole kept finding and eating them. 

Prayers for a swift solution from the Kight's. 

DennisMcFeely

Mojo 

Cooter Brown
10 minutes ago, Zkight89 said:

Had a bulldog years ago that showed similar symptoms from eating certain types of tree roots. Vet fixed him up quickly but the @$$hole kept finding and eating them. 

Prayers for a swift solution from the Kight's. 

The symptoms appeared after he'd been in the fenced area out back for a few hours while I was working in the yard. I did notice some new holes.  This scenario is better than some I can't help but think of.

Zkight89
2 minutes ago, Cooter Brown said:

The symptoms appeared after he'd been in the fenced area out back for a few hours while I was working in the yard. I did notice some new holes.  This scenario is better than some.

If I remember right they pumped his stomach, gave him an IV medication and he was good as new. Happened two or three times over a few months then never again. 

WPG Gizmo

Griff Mojo heading to Jeb prayers it turns out be be nothing serious 

Cooter Brown
3 minutes ago, Zkight89 said:

If I remember right they pumped his stomach, gave him an IV medication and he was good as new. Happened two or three times over a few months then never again. 

Bowel movements, appetite, etc. appear to be normal.

SxSetter

Mojo sending.  Odds are being young it's treatable.  Possibly an infection or leaking salivary gland.  Your Vet should be able to sort it out reasonably quickly

upstate

Hoping all turns out well.

terc

I had a Setter that had a piece of goldenrod puncture and brake off under her tongue. I didn't know it until an infection set in. The doc had to operate from under her chin to remove it. It all worked out. 

Hopefully it will with Jeb too.