REGISTERING FOR MEMBERSHIP ON UPLAND JOURNAL Read more... ×
blanked

Boat eye candy. What’s your favorite

dgfavor

From the jet boat and drift boat archives - my brother still running his jet boat and I just tucked in "The Hog" in for the winter back behind the barn:

Zoli 16ga.
18 hours ago, Greg Hartman said:

Sail is another matter.  I love the look of a cutter rigged canoe stern boat, like this Tayana.  Could live on one of these and go around the world - long one of my dreams, but now I'm too damn old.

mainHLXWV8NO.jpg

My BIL is restoring one of these right now.

erik meade

Hey @dgfavor Those jet boats always scare the bejezus out of me when I am canoeing.

They shouldn't, without exception they are courteous, and slow way down/ give as much space as possible.  But I always worry there will be the one time that they come around the bend and... bonk...

Don Steese
On 11/8/2019 at 6:27 PM, WhatsDaPoint said:

I prefer a flying boat. 

BE9C9631-E768-4191-98D3-53D2A3142634.jpeg

I've been fascinated by float planes my entire adult life! That's a cool one right there!! 

I've flown on Beavers, Otters, Norsemen, Beach 18s, Cessnas, and  Super Cubs, and loved them all!!  

Just drove by a smallish airport here in Idaho and sitting there on the runway was a Grumman Albatross like the one Jimmy Buffett owned. Made my day!!

Speaking of boats, the village we wintered in for 15 years was built around the biggest marina in the Mexican Caribbean. Literally dozens of yachts, sailboats and sportfishermen would be berthed there. The biggest of them all was maybe the most spectacular watercraft I've ever seen. Funny thing was, I never, in 10 years or so, saw it leave the dock?? Finally one day I asked an old Mexican fella what the story was on that boat? "Oh, he says, that boat belongs to one of the richest guys in the world, Carlos Slim! Every time you make a phone call, land line or cell, in Mexico, Carlos makes a couple pesos! (He owned both Tel Mex and Tel Cell).  He's owned it for years and never set foot on it, as far as I know. I suppose all his rich friends had boats and he thought he needed one too." The crew lived in a condo right next to the dock but I never saw them take it out?? Crazy world!!  I'm full of uninteresting stories! 

Millriver

Jimmy flew his Albatross over the parking lot in eastern Massachusetts where we were tailgating one year before his concert. Can’t recall if it was the year he crashed it in Nantucket Harbor or not. It was cool to see though.

WI Outdoor Nut
On ‎11‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 8:20 PM, Mushkodasa said:

If I bought a power ball ticket and actually won....otherwise, an old saying along the lines of "a wood lined hole in the water into which you pour money" comes to mind. Spectacular to look at though. These were just a couple of very many at the annual Hessel, Michigan wooden boat show a few years back. I'm glad there are folks with the skills, passion and resources to keep these works of art afloat.    

IMG_5332.JPG

IMG_5287.JPG

I am with you, and owning a "woody" is on my bucket list.  I don't think I will be able to afford a big one like you have pictured here, but hopefully an 18' or so. 

WI Outdoor Nut
On ‎11‎/‎8‎/‎2019 at 9:38 AM, Up North said:

Our walleye boat.

4CA20EE6-D170-4EB7-B972-508E4F932011.jpeg

93A233FD-A503-469C-B26B-DE9C0BABE2CC.jpeg

Love the yarcraft's.  My brother runs a 186.  A very good friend of mine is on their pro-staff and run's the 219.  A very, very capable boat.  I can't imagine there are many of those rigs in the western states. 

WI Outdoor Nut

Current rig is a 21' skeeter with a 300 yami on the back.  Mostly chase walleye these days, but a fairly versatile boat. 

2015-9 skeeter wx2100.jpg

Auto-5

I kinda liked the poontoon boat we had years ago.

MTRookie76

Screenshot_2019-11-08 82 Viking EB_ Reel Screamer.png

MNice

I wouldn't mind a Lund 2275 Baron but do mind the price. Toys are expensive.

Kenai
5 hours ago, WI Outdoor Nut said:

Current rig is a 21' skeeter with a 300 yami on the back.  Mostly chase walleye these days, but a fairly versatile boat. 

2015-9 skeeter wx2100.jpg

Very nice. I have it’s little brother the WX1910

Lurch
On ‎11‎/‎8‎/‎2019 at 8:27 PM, WhatsDaPoint said:

I prefer a flying boat. 

BE9C9631-E768-4191-98D3-53D2A3142634.jpeg

I've worked on a couple Lake amphibians. Would love to have a Turbo Renegade, but while better than a C150, they're a tight fit for normal-sized 6'6" folks like me.

The Icon A5 is a sexy floatplane, but I'd likely need one for each foot.

WI Outdoor Nut
32 minutes ago, Kenai said:

Very nice. I have it’s little brother the WX1910

A buddy of mine is running the 1850 and I am surprised how capable that little boat is.  Rides very nice (had it out on Green Bay is some rough water) and a relatively dry boat for its size. 

Kenai
11 minutes ago, WI Outdoor Nut said:

A buddy of mine is running the 1850 and I am surprised how capable that little boat is.  Rides very nice (had it out on Green Bay is some rough water) and a relatively dry boat for its size. 

This was my second season with it and fish Green Bay quite a bit. It’s performed great for a 19’ boat, no complaints. My buddy has the 21’ with the 300 just like yours....it’s a beast!