WPG Gizmo

Early start to the winter

WPG Gizmo

Well it was going to happen sooner or later but the east coast is going to get blasted with a big snow storm starting tomorrow Dec 1st lasting till the 3rd and the long range forecast shows weekly storms coming in for the next month or so. 

Let the fun and games begin if you dont have to go out please dont it makes it easier for us to clear the roads and safer for you in the long run.

See you in the spring 🤪

RDG

My kids are already getting excited about an extended thanksgiving weekend with the possible snow day(s) 

I pulled the snowblower out and put the rest of the lawn furniture away yesterday. 

Craig Conroy

We're just started on our second storm as I type, albeit t first one kinda fizzled out, with only about 4 inches for us.  This time they're talking about a foot, though.  Hasn't been all that good of a deer season, either, but that's NW Wisconsin for ya 😉.

Brad Eden

Monday and Tuesday's snow doesn't look egregious in Maine. 1-3 inches, maybe, each day. Not enough for me to put plow on.the truck I don't think. 

Remo

Eastern ND is supposed to get 12"/15" with high winds today and tonight. The wildlife will be ok because the corn is till standing and the cattails are upright too. It's the second storm this fall.

Samuel Hoggson
41 minutes ago, Brad Eden said:

Monday and Tuesday's snow doesn't look egregious in Maine. 1-3 inches, maybe, each day. Not enough for me to put plow on.the truck I don't think. 

Southern ME (and SW) is looking to bear the brunt.  WU has them over 12" through Tuesday noon.  NERFC page sez 6-8" by 7AM Tuesday with more coming. 

Thought I was driving to Scarborough Monday - looking like that's not gonna happen. 

sharptail grouse

I thought maybe we got it all but it looks like you all are next. It blew hard enough here food is available for birds. I'm guessing we got upwards of 20" but the sun is shining now. Good luck!

WMassGriff

Might be the first opener in MA Shotgun Deer Season I have missed in 40+years!

dogrunner

Usually you get less than they predict, to much hype on the news, every little storm now sounds like the new Ice age. 

WPG Gizmo
4 hours ago, dogrunner said:

Usually you get less than they predict, to much hype on the news, every little storm now sounds like the new Ice age. 

Agreed 

sharptail grouse
24 minutes ago, WPG Gizmo said:

Agreed 

That is not how its been playing out around here the last couple years. We have pretty consistently ended up with more than forecast, both rain and snow. We set an all time yearly snowfall record here two years ago - 108". We are already over 60! 

Uplander

We’re ready.

B24280B3-AF9C-42F8-9135-244D781C9A9E.jpeg

Millriver

Put my lawn furniture away yesterday and pulled out the snowblower as well. 12-18 inches forecast here as of today. My wife will have a snow day tomorrow and I’m off as well. We’ll hunker down and take it as it comes.

Looks like Bloody Mary’s for breakfast tomorrow!

Mike da Carpenter

Woke up to ice coving the sidewalks and driveway.  Turning to rain, then moving on.  Pheasant season opens back up today so we, hopefully, will be headed out in a few hours.

Jalinkly
1 hour ago, Mike da Carpenter said:

Woke up to ice coving the sidewalks and driveway.  Turning to rain, then moving on.  Pheasant season opens back up today so we, hopefully, will be headed out in a few hours.

Best of luck.