REGISTERING FOR MEMBERSHIP ON UPLAND JOURNAL Read more... ×
WI Outdoor Nut

Is color THAT important

jeff88
33 minutes ago, kgb said:

Around here, teenaged drivers are the police magnets no matter the color of their automobile.  I asked a cop about my observations and he confirmed it.  

I do not wax vehicles, a perfectly serviceable finish was the manufacturer's responsibility.  Wife's car is garaged, my '03-built Dakota lives in the driveway and they got that paint right as it's still in great shape.  Except where it's rusting.

Not a fan of black interiors either, add to that I wouldn't want white.

Metallic exterior colors seem about right for trucks, a friend took a lot of crap from people when he bought a copper colored Ranger near the end of their production run, I thought it was a pretty truck.

2X a year I have both rides detailed.  For around $200 for both they do a great job inside and out with the waxing for pain protection.  I like good looking cars looking good.  : )  It also helps with resale, our rides are an '11 and a '12 and they look great for their years and miles.  Cars and trucks are usually the 2nd biggest investment made by most folks, keeping up with maintenance and looks really helps with resale.  Our's were both CPO, 2-3 years old at the time of purchase and we paid cash.  That's the '12 from last summer:   

20190908_162651.jpg

Rogue Hunter

I buy by color, in order: silver, white, tan. I don't spend money washing my vehicle 2-3 times a week, though detailing twice a year, maybe? I think black is the best color for a vehicle, followed by red...and I really enjoy seeing those colors on other peoples' vehicles knowing they are the ones' spending big money to keep them looking pretty.

Brad Eden

Regardless of what color is sprayed on at the factory, everyone who lives on an unpaved gravel town road has the same color vehicle. “Dirt”

Tony Moore

White is a safety problem in a country with long winters  I like a light brown, the colour of road dirt..

Dave Erickson

I went from black to white on my current truck (which my wife uses as proof of my psychological problems). Seriously I went with a white truck and a well ventilated white topper to keep my Drahts a little cooler in the summer heat. I don't know if it makes a huge difference, but there it is.

dogrunner
1 hour ago, Tony Moore said:

White is a safety problem in a country with long winters  I like a light brown, the colour of road dirt..

I’ve had 11 white trucks and 2 white cars I’ll take my chances. 

lee sykes
On January 9, 2020 at 3:31 PM, WI Outdoor Nut said:

Been looking for a new truck.  Due to my pulling needs, I require a few extra bells and whistles on the trucks I purchase if I stick to a 1/2 ton, which I will probably due in this case.  I found a truck that meets all my requirements, and then some, but the color is not what I would normally pick - a hot red (still talking about trucks, not females).  Normally I prefer the natural colors of silver, pewters, grey, to help cover the dirt and scratches from hunting.  But, the cost is about $6-7K less than all the other trucks I have been looking at.  I asked my wife what she thought, and her response was, she won't be the one driving it, but in the past I found a too good to be true deal on a honda pilot, minus the color, and it warmed up to us. 

So, if you found a vehicle that was "perfect", minus the color, for a savings of $6-7K, would you pull the trigger?

All day long.

jeff88
On 1/10/2020 at 7:20 AM, WI Outdoor Nut said:

This is the red

Red F150.PNG

Just saw this truck's twin on the highway, it looks really good on the road.  This picture doesn't do it justice.  BTW, this cracked me up, it had a Penn State sticker on rear glass.  As a fellow Nittany Lion, I couldn't help but to think the driver has a bit more class than the average Lion, Tiger or Bear.