REGISTERING FOR MEMBERSHIP ON UPLAND JOURNAL Read more... ×
dogrunner

National Championship

dogrunner

Who ya got?  Hope it’s a Good one. 

chilly460

Clemson's offense is being overlooked, I realize LSUs offense is all world, but people are forgetting how balanced and explosive Clemson is.  Etienne catching balls out of the backfield makes plays, Lawrence running the ball gives them a numbers mismatch, Higgins and Ross are a great equalizer downfield as they don't need to sustain long drives to score.  If they get Lawrence rolling, Etienne can start running the ball downhill.  LSU gave up a lot of points this year, they can be exposed.  

Clemson's defense isn't as stout as last year, but the DBs are better across the board and Venables will send pressure to get to Burrow.  This defense matches up very well with LSU.  

38-28 Clemson

Felix

Penn State....next year.  This year should be a great game with 2 very talented teams.  LSU by 3.

tut

It's very seldom you have 2 QB's in a game who truly could go 1 and 2 in the nfl draft.  Now the QB from Clemson is only a Soph, but he has a big aka monster arm.  He is also 6 foot 7 and runs like a long striding race horse.  Above said, I think LSU has slightly better talent on the D line and slightly better wide receivers.  I see a close game but LSU taking it.  That said, I wouldn't be shocked at all if Clemson takes it either.  For once, the best teams are in the Championship.  Both have great honorable coaches.  Should be a fun game to watch. 

mccuha

I’m a die hard Clemson tiger.  I do think it will be a very good game.  My hopes are with Clemson.  No matter what happens Clemson has been very consistent and looks like they will be in the hunt for many years to come.  

Natty Bumpo

I like what tut said. Should be a dandy game. I'll take LSU by 3.

dogrunner

I'll take Clemson and the points.  I just think the Lsu defense has got some holes. Alabama kinda exposed the weak points and I think Clemson could strike the holes in the secondary. 

jeff88

Clemson by 2.  

Millriver

No dog in this fight, just hoping for a good game. Edge to LSU though.

Tilkut

Gotta geaux LSU. Older kid worked there one summer a few years ago. He’s been a huge fan since. Strange though. I think Lawrence is 25-0 at Clemson, and everyone talks about the other guy. 

barna

Karma is a son of a gun, targeting on Clemson. At least the refs are calling a fair game this far. 

Barna 

mister grouse

Correct call i thought   As was the OSU call .  The rule  is pretty clear....  the disqualification part should be changed IMO to a second offense disqualification.

phonefly

I really think Lawrence should put on a skirt to complement his girly hair.

There won't be much peace around here -- the old guard of the wife's family was Clemson and our kids went to  LSU.

1971snipe

Refs seem to always favor Clemson, especially letting the receivers push off, block out when running crossing patterns, etc, especially in the end zone, and especially in big games.  If I was betting I'd bet on Clemson.  But I'm not, so I'll say LSU.  

chilly460

Ugh, that sucked.  Better team won, plain and simple.  Lawrence has regressed a bit and it showed in this game.  Defense did what it could early but overwhelmed by the better team.