Jump to content
REGISTERING FOR MEMBERSHIP ON UPLAND JOURNAL Read more... ×
grouse28

2020 Pheasant Fest Minneapolis

Recommended Posts

grouse28

Anyone going? Anyone been there?

Worth a 20 hr. road trip?

Could incorporate it into a trip to visit my son.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dave Erickson

I don't know if it's worth a 20 hour drive, but I sure enjoyed it the last time it came to the Twin Cities. There's a group of us (Cold Iron, Fourtrax, Crazy Setter, and others) that plan on meeting up there. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
robp

Alot of vendors same old same old. I will be there because it's in my back yard and I can get pass from one of my buddies in the industry. I like b'sing with vendors and Hank Shaw. Also it's cold here and hunting season is over so its something for me to do. MPLS is a good town.

 If you get there contact me and I'll take you out for a beer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dave Erickson

Forgot to add, you can chum around with us, Grouse28.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
UplandHntr

Ive been to a bunch of them and its a great way to kill an afternoon but not worth that long of a drive. If youre coming to see your son then by all means take in the show.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
cockerfan

I'll be there with a booth this year (Cato Outdoors). I can't see it being worth a 20 hour drive,  but it isn't a bad way to spend a day.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jdligon

I’m scheduled for the bird dog parade. But it’s in my backyard too. We should coordinate a UJ pint night 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
airmedic1

I went to the one in Omaha several years ago and would probably go back to Omaha but definitely wouldn’t drive 20 hours UNLESS they have changed and improved dramatically since the last one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
WFC
5 hours ago, robp said:

Alot of vendors same old same old. I will be there because it's in my back yard and I can get pass from one of my buddies in the industry. I like b'sing with vendors and Hank Shaw. Also it's cold here and hunting season is over so its something for me to do. MPLS is a good town.

 If you get there contact me and I'll take you out for a beer.

Hank will be there?  I’ll have to swing by and say hi.  I brought a smoked wild turkey, pheasant, and venison chili (clean out the freezer) to a dinner party a few years ago and he loved it.  He gave me a signed copy of Buck, Buck, Moose.  I told him in Minnesota it is Buck, Buck, Grey Buck.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
kgb

20 hrs is a haul, we did it to pick up a puppy and wound up buying two.  Given the distance and all, you know.  

 

I like the events, have been to 3 as they've rolled to within 3-4 hour drives of me, have walked the bird dog parade on Fridays.  Unless you're wanting to attend several seminars it's not big enough to take more than a day to see it all.  As part of a trip to visit family, I think it'd be a nice reason to schedule a trip.....depending entirely on the weather that is.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RuffChaser

I'll be there. Probably hanging out around the RGS booth and a few other places. There are lots of vendors to see, people to talk to, etc. I have been to all of them here in the Cities and even went to one in Des Moines. I actually bought a side x side from a Scheel's in Des Mloines when I was there. As I was waiting for the background check I got to talking to the former owner of the gun, it was Larry Brown.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Larry Brown
45 minutes ago, RuffChaser said:

I'll be there. Probably hanging out around the RGS booth and a few other places. There are lots of vendors to see, people to talk to, etc. I have been to all of them here in the Cities and even went to one in Des Moines. I actually bought a side x side from a Scheel's in Des Mloines when I was there. As I was waiting for the background check I got to talking to the former owner of the gun, it was Larry Brown.

I remember that, but I don't remember the specific gun.  Do you still have it?  I always try to take all the misses out before I trade or sell a gun. 

 

I've been to them in Des Moines, the Twin Cities, Madison, Omaha . . . did a seminar or two for them years ago.  Living in central Iowa, all of those were reasonable driving distances.  Nothing against Pheasant Fest.  But if it were more than a 10 hour drive, I think I'd look for a preserve somewhere warmer and chase birds.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Brad Eden

What are the specifics?; link....date place, address, length of event etc. I'll add it to Board Calendar accessed via link under masthead and on right bank of Home page. (All Members can add events to Calendar)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Speaks
32 minutes ago, Brad Eden said:

What are the specifics?; link....date place, address, length of event etc. I'll add it to Board Calendar accessed via link under masthead and on right bank of Home page. (All Members can add events to Calendar)

 

Feb 14th through 16th at the Minneapolis convention center. 

 

I may go if nothing else is going on that weekend. I avoid going into the cities when I can but Ive never been to one and it wont be this close again for a couple years. Personally I couldnt see driving 20 hours for it. Honestly though short of a hunt I wanted to bring my dogs on I would not drive 20 hours for much of anything, flights are cheap and gas is expensive. 

11 hours ago, jdligon said:

We should coordinate a UJ pint night 

 

This part actually sounds almost more interesting than the show its self. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

×