Jump to content
REGISTERING FOR MEMBERSHIP ON UPLAND JOURNAL Read more... ×
Irishwhistler

~ IRISHWHISTLER PHOTO GALLERY 1 ~

Recommended Posts

Irishwhistler

v3bUIE1YRDqCHcZortnFgw_thumb_b6d2_Fotor.jpg

riQs4AznRma9y4MLl1k74Q_thumb_b6c8_Fotor.jpg

mcN8s29nThG5WU87h%ek3g_thumb_b6ce_Fotor.jpg
~ A Trio O' Black & White Images ~  I took a few photo's of my yellow Lab MAC in black & white this afternoon during one of his more pensive moments. Just hours prior to these photo's, MAC was going full out on some pattern blind work. He certainly has the "off switch" in our home, but whilst afield, MAC is all business.

 

As per an arrangement made with Brad, the far majority of my photographs posted will now be found under this heading (IRISHWHISTLER PHOTO GALLERY 1) as an ongoing post.  I really enjoy sharing my work on UJ and hearing from fellow UJ members if so moved, so please continue to check in on  this ongoing gallery of my visual works.


Cheers,
THE DOG WHISTLER ☘️🇮🇪🇺🇸

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Irishwhistler

PYDUr%JER0SwiMysGTVjvA_thumb_b6d8_Fotor.jpg
~ Mac's Daddy ~ HRCH UH TTF CRAIGHORN KIFFIN TRAD SH. TRAD is the sire to my yellow Labrador retriever gun dog MAC. TRAD and MAC are my constant companions.

Cheers,
Irishwhistler ☘️

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Greg Hartman

Good stuff, Mike.  Your photos will get more attention this way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Irishwhistler
31 minutes ago, Greg Hartman said:

Good stuff, Mike.  Your photos will get more attention this way.

 

Thanks kindly Greg. 👍

 

Cheers,
Mike ☘️🇮🇪🇺🇸

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Greg Hartman

You are most welcome, Mike.  I look forward to seeing your great pics.  Before they were too scattered to really check them out.

 

FWIW, I like to post pics, too.  Generally, I use them to illustrate a post on some topic - to add interest to a post, if you will.  If I’m going to just post a pic, I do that in one of the photo threads.  The 2020 Hunting Photo thread for hunting pics; the 2020 Upland Photo thread for just general stuff like landscapes.  

 

Best!

 

Greg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Irishwhistler
9 minutes ago, Greg Hartman said:

You are most welcome, Mike.  I look forward to seeing your great pics.  Before they were too scattered to really check them out.

 

FWIW, I like to post pics, too.  Generally, I use them to illustrate a post on some topic - to add interest to a post, if you will.  If I’m going to just post a pic, I do that in one of the photo threads.  The 2020 Hunting Photo thread for hunting pics; the 2020 Upland Photo thread for just general stuff like landscapes.  

 

Best!

 

Greg

 

Greg,

Your work is amazing and a constant source of inspiration for me.    I always view your photo's in awe and I appreciate the fact that you so willingly have shared your expertise with so many UJ members looking to purchase quality gear or improve their work, myself amongst them.  Keep your images coming Greg. 👍

 

Cheers Greg,

Mike ☘️🇮🇪🇺🇸

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jacquidog

I love looking at your work, especially in Black / White.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Irishwhistler
On 1/29/2020 at 9:04 AM, Jacquidog said:

I love looking at your work, especially in Black / White.  

 

Thank ye most kindly.👍

 

Mike ☘️🇮🇪🇺🇸

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Irishwhistler

4TBOqlgpRL6JFXKnVG9fKw_thumb_4513_Fotor.jpg
~ Woody ~

 

Used some post image editing to impart a watercolor appearance to this photo.

Mike ☘️🇮🇪🇺🇸

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Greg Hartman
1 hour ago, Irishwhistler said:

4TBOqlgpRL6JFXKnVG9fKw_thumb_4513_Fotor.jpg
~ Woody ~

 

Used some post image editing to impart a watercolor appearance to this photo.

Mike ☘️🇮🇪🇺🇸

 

Thanks for putting your photography in one palce where I can see it.

 

Mike, I'm gonna assume that you are open for constructive criticism to better your craft, as I am - always.  If not, please let us know. 

 

The colors are spectacular, but, with respect, I wouldn't use that sort of very unrealistic post-processing unless trying to make a point.

 

Greg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Irishwhistler
14 minutes ago, Greg Hartman said:

 

Thanks for putting your photography in one palce where zi can see it.

 

Mike, I'm gonna assume that you are open for constructive criticism to better your craft, as I am - always.  If not, please let us know. 

 

The colors are spectacular, but, with respect, I wouldn't use that sort of very unrealistic post-processing unless trying to make a point.

 

Greg

 

Greg,

I am always open to critique and was not trying to make any specific point, simply experimentation.

 

Mike ☘️🇺🇸🇮🇪

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Irishwhistler

DSC00659.jpeg
~ Nuthatch ~ A foggy morning at the feeder, I captured this nuthatch enjoying some dwindling suet.

Mike ☘️🇮🇪🇺🇸

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Greg Hartman

That is just lovely, Mike.  Perfect composition that leads the eye to the subject; tack sharp; beautiful, subtle colors; OOF background that makes the subject jump out.
 

I don’t do many bird images.  Seeing this makes me want to give it a try.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Irishwhistler
16 minutes ago, Greg Hartman said:

That is just lovely, Mike.  Perfect composition that leads the eye to the subject; tack sharp; beautiful, subtle colors; OOF background that makes the subject jump out.
 

I don’t do many bird images.  Seeing this makes me want to give it a try.

 

Thank ye most kindly Greg.  I can't wait to see ye give some birds a go, I know they will be works of visual art.

 

Cheers,

Mike ☘️🇮🇪🇺🇸

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Irishwhistler

P9BLhY9ETPiPQ37UYb8j4w_thumb_b74e_Fotor.jpg
~ Blue Sun ~  I caught this Blue Jay feeding in the soft light o' the rising sun this morn.

Mike ☘️🇮🇪🇺🇸

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

×