REGISTERING FOR MEMBERSHIP ON UPLAND JOURNAL Read more... ×
Scar

cocktails

1971snipe
47 minutes ago, Chukarman said:

Fall, Winter, early spring: Geo. Dickel No.12 on the rocks with a splash of creek water.

Summer: Vodka ( Sky or grey Goose, depending on the occasion) and tonic water (schweppes  or better), twist and plenty of ice in a tall glass.

I gave up ladies' drinks long ago.

<audible chuckle> 

robp

Back to the basics 

3 oz Beef Eater Gin 

1 oz vermouth 

2 blue cheese stuffed olives

pint glass of ice 

chilled martini glass

Pour gin and vermouth into pint glass of ice 2 pint glass of ice stir 60 times strain into chilled martini glass add olives I don’t quite understand how people could have a two martini lunch I’d be under my desk in the nap
Next up is a vesper 

FCE3A94E-0069-4F0B-B035-37035618F99C.jpeg

Dogwood
23 hours ago, Chukarman said:

Summer: Vodka ( Sky or grey Goose, depending on the occasion) and tonic water (schweppes  or better), twist and plenty of ice in a tall glass.

I gave up ladies' drinks long ago.

Apparently not . . .

Chukarman
1 hour ago, Dogwood said:

Apparently not . . .

Curiously refreshing...

Dogwood
9 hours ago, Chukarman said:

Curiously refreshing...

Yes but be sure to hold your pinky out while sipping.

Spiller

So, the sun is over the yardarm, and I have taken it upon myself to drink quinine in tonic water with gin.

I am a preventative kind of guy, so I only do so to fend off Malaria. 

I will say this cocktail was never a favorite, although I never turned one down, as I prefer my gin in a  'Tini, but a friend suggested a splash of Angostura bitters in it and I gotta say I am somewhat enamored with it, and all the while keeping Malaria at bay at the very same time...... Bonus.....

WMassGriff

Well I do sip traditional Martini's all year and Vodka Tonics during the summer, right now its Redbreast Irish Whiskey neat (per Michaleen Oge Finn "when I drink whiskey I drink whiskey and when I drink water I drink water").

Will admit some tempting drink recipes in these postings though!

kgb
5 hours ago, WMassGriff said:

Well I do sip traditional Martini's all year and Vodka Tonics during the summer, right now its Redbreast Irish Whiskey neat (per Michaleen Oge Finn "when I drink whiskey I drink whiskey and when I drink water I drink water").

From reviews of that style of whiskey it seems avoiding water is a good idea for it.  Just won't stand up to added water, drowns rather than opening up.