REGISTERING FOR MEMBERSHIP ON UPLAND JOURNAL Read more... ×
Jakeismydog2

Official Warden Bashing Forum

Jakeismydog2

In another thread Brad said we needed a "Warden bashing forum" so when I ran across this article today I figured it was as good of place as any to start:

Catch 22 conviction for bait

The reality is, that with Wardens, just like most every other profession, most are good but a few  give the rest a bad reputation.

Kansas Bound

Wow they have a hard job but that case just needed some common sense. 

Crazy Horse

I have to wonder if the PA Game Warden received a reprimand from his superiors???

Don Steese

I've known some dedicated, hard working, and sensible wardens over the years but I sense a change in attitude in the younger ones. Don't know if the one in this story was a newly minted officer or not but the story reminded me of what I've been noticing. 

lee sykes

L.e.o.s are human.  We are all on the learn as you go plan. some never learn.   I have encountered many wardens over the years. Always a few bad apples but pretty sure they can say the same.

max2

I didn't even click on the thread but would guess the guy was a bad actor. That said for "me" I say everyone has a job. There are bad folks in all jobs.  When you get a bad actor in a place of authority they tend to stand out a little bit  more when they get caught. 

ryanr

A Warden bashing thread? Pretty shameful I think and a sad reflection of our society these days I guess.

Irishwhistler

A "warden bashing forum" ?  I find this completely unwarranted and offensive.  As some have  correctly indicated here, there are good and bad in every profession.  To single out and dedicate a forum to the bashing of game wardens specifically is just plain wrong.  Most certainly if there is a problem presented by a specific game warden in the performance of his / her duties, then I see no problem in reporting on that set of circumstances on UJ, but to dedicate a specific forum for the "bashing" of wardens is totally uncalled for.

I am certain that there exists a wide array of professions represented within the UJ membership and that there also exists "bad apples" within that vast array of professions, yet there is no call for the bashing of veterinarians, gunsmiths, mechanics, loan officers, fire fighters, funeral directors, etc., etc.  Why would the "bashing" of any one isolated profession be singled out and reduced to what surmounts to trashing for sport.

I will gladly be the first to go on record in stating that such a forum on UJ would find its mark as a new low found on what has historically been a site for the unifying of sportsmen and sportswomen in a "trash free" zone.  I love Upland Journal for the family like resource it has been, dedicated to the outdoor world we all love.  To specifically include a forum for the bashing of those entrusted with and dedicated to the protection and conservation of our natural resources would truly be despicable 

Mike / Irishwhistler ☘️🇮🇪🇺🇸

EB&Me
4 minutes ago, Irishwhistler said:

A "warden bashing forum" ?  I find this completely unwarranted and offensive.  As some have  correctly indicated here, there are good and bad in every profession.  To single out and dedicate a forum to the bashing of game wardens specifically is just plain wrong.  Most certainly if there is a problem presented by a specific game warden in the performance of his / her duties, then I see no problem in reporting on that set of circumstances on UJ, but to dedicate a specific forum for the "bashing" of wardens is totally uncalled for.

I am certain that there exists a wide array of professions represented within the UJ membership and that there also exists "bad apples" within that vast array of professions, yet there is no call for the bashing of veterinarians, gunsmiths, mechanics, loan officers, fire fighters, funeral directors, etc., etc.  Why would the "bashing" of any one isolated profession be singled out and reduced to what surmounts to trashing four sport.

I will gladly be the first to go on record in stating that such a forum on UJ would find its mark as a new low found on what has historically been a site for the unifying of sportsmen and sportswomen in a "trash free" zone.  I love Upland Journal for the family like resource it has been, dedicated to the outdoor world we all love.  To specifically include a forum for the bashing of those entrusted with and dedicated to the protection and conservation of our natural resources would truly be despicable 

Mike / Irishwhistler ☘️🇮🇪🇺🇸

Well said, Mike

Rockdoc

I read or should I say I tried to read all of the official opinion but unfortunately the shear boredom of the legalize used in the opinion caused me to fall asleep half ways through.

Steve

grouse28

Warden bashing?? Really must we. As a PA resident I have seen my share of wardens that have been arrogant. I think PA produces the most insensitive Wardens of all, they all are fed the same kool aid at Ross Leffler School. I know one who is a bully through and through.

But a separate thread to bash wardens is not necessary. God has sprinkled a-holes in all professions.

I find this to be divisive and unnecessary, as if hunters are not already.

Quite ironic if politics are off limits but we now proposing to bash wardens.

EB&Me

I have run into some C.O.s whom I would say were a-holes, on their own little power trip. But by and large the vast majority have been courteous and helpful to the sportsman they encounter. I have known a good many, both state & federal, growing up and running around with my dad, who is retired U.S. Fish & Wildlife Service. Many of whom were good friends. All in all a good bunch of people. Who are dedicated to their job of watching out for our land & wildlife.

Curt

He "tasted salt on the ground"?  Hope for his sake he wasn't tasting deer urine.

Randy S

This post isn't a "forum", it's a thread. And I agree with most that we don't need or want a Warden Bashing Forum. I wonder which members participating on this thread have "bashed" game law violators? I'm sure that most of you agree that we have a right if not a duty to call out poaching and even lesser violations perpetrated by our own. But we also have a legal right to pursue game within the confines of the law, and anyone, even a warden, who interferes with that right is also a violator. I'm not familiar with PE game laws but I imagine if the hunter in this case hadn't fought his conviction he would have lost his hunting rights for a period of years, not to mention being publicly shamed. Then there's the emotional and financial stress required to clear his name. That warden shouldn't have been repirmanded, he should have been fired.