REGISTERING FOR MEMBERSHIP ON UPLAND JOURNAL Read more... ×
Jakeismydog2

Official Warden Bashing Forum

Ruger1
On 2/20/2020 at 9:11 AM, Irishwhistler said:

A "warden bashing forum" ?  I find this completely unwarranted and offensive.

Mike / Irishwhistler ☘️🇮🇪🇺🇸

Why not just take it a step further and start a "Law Enforcement Bashing Thread ". Conservation Officers are in fact LEO and with duties and  expectations beyond their so-called "wildlife/conservation" protection job description assumptions and aid other LE agencies in pursuit of crime prevention and criminal captures - robberies, drug trafficking etc.. 

Ruger 1

Jakeismydog2
3 hours ago, Ruger1 said:

Why not just take it a step further and start a "Law Enforcement Bashing Thread ". Conservation Officers are in fact LEO and with duties and  expectations beyond their so-called "wildlife/conservation" protection job description assumptions and aid other LE agencies in pursuit of crime prevention and criminal captures - robberies, drug trafficking etc.. 

Ruger 1

Brad didn't suggest one.

Talon1

In the past 12 years of living in Idaho, I've had contact with 5 wardens in Idaho, and 1 BLM officer in Oregon.

In Idaho, 3 of the 5 were really nice. In fact, the last one, was a young guy in his 20s. Really nice. I won't go into details, but he could have given my buddy a ticket (it was an honest mistake, but it was a violation), but he didn't. The two a******s, one was young, one was not. One thought he was a member of the Stasi (the younger one), barked at us the whole time he talked to us, never removed his sunglasses, etc. The older one was just a smart ass. However, I've had contact with the older one about 4 times, he was actually pretty friendly the last two times. Maybe he was having a bad day the first two times, maybe a fight with his old lady or something.....

The BLM officer in Oregon was okay the first time, but someone had called and reported that my friend was illegally guiding fisherman on another occasion. Had a few busy bodies over there that would call on anyone if they saw them fishing and helping someone. He wasn't, he had taken one of his business clients out for an afternoon of fishing. The guy was inexperienced, so my buddy was helping him out. He was very rude and confrontational with my friend, called him a damned liar, even threatened to take him to jail. His business client assured the BLM guy that my friend was not guiding him, but had merely taken him fishing. He confronted my friend 2 more times, one time, I was with him, the other time his BIL, who happens to be an Idaho State Trooper (he said that one got really fun). The guy was acting like a psycho. His behavior made me very uncomfortable. Thinking he was way too hotheaded to be carrying a badge and gun around.  My friend finally got him to back off by calling the BLM office and complaining about him by name/badge number.

The two Wyoming game wardens that I had contact with while Sage Grouse hunting were just about the nicest guys that I have ever met in the LE business. Extremely professional, and courteous. Seemed glad that we were there in Wyoming to hunt. 

Zkight89

We didn't see a single warden in Oklahoma this past season.  Met a pretty nice fellow year before last in NC whilst hunting Quail and Woodcock. He was a little confused that we were hunting with a Lab in a river bottom with orange on. Said he couldn't tell if we were duck , rabbit or squirrel hunters. Was very surprised when I produced a Woodcock, the first he said he'd ever seen. 

As a teenager, when I hunted hogs with dogs more nights than not I had several " run- ins" with FWC officers. Majority we're ok, but some were convinced that because I was a young guy with a dog box in my beat up truck that I was a poacher.  Most seemed surprised not to find drugs or booze on me either.  

bill
On 2/20/2020 at 9:16 AM, EB&Me said:

Well said, Mike

I agree don’t bash the job unless did it alaways 2 sides to story