REGISTERING FOR MEMBERSHIP ON UPLAND JOURNAL Read more... ×
Brad Eden

Your loss...

Brad Eden

IMG_1202.JPG

We have a rather robust Fuddy Fuddy curmudgeon contingent on UJ. Some are even hyper FD’s. I’m no exception in many instances. Any mention of any new age fad or millennial miscellanies is met with indignant Fuddy Duddieness.

Avacado Toast for instance. Harrumph Harrumph Harrumph!... they grumble. Damn whippersnappers are ruining breakfast!

Your loss. We got hooked by my daughter Liz. Just this morning JoAnn mashed up a ripe avocado, smeared it on toasted multigrain bread, sprinkled a good dose of Trader Joe’s-Everything But the Bagel Sesame Seasoning Blend....and placed a fried egg on top.

I would have taken the obligatory social media food photo but couldn’t waste any time eating it.

So Harrumph all you want, It’s delicious.

grouse28

This makes me happy, warm and fuzzy. Great to hear that a hermit can be open minded to eat such healthy victuals.

I’ll have to try it.

Jacquidog

Hard to believe a transplant Mainer would try such a thing.  Oh my gawd the world's a changing.

Brad Eden

T2718F89D-E0AD-4985-B39C-04F60970B201.jpeg

The key is sprinkling on this seasoning blend for me.

Brad Eden
29 minutes ago, Jacquidog said:

Hard to believe a transplant Mainer would try such a thing.  Oh my gawd the world's a changing.

Hey I do yoga too.

polecat

Buckwheat flapjacks with fresh maple syrup here. Elk soup in the Crock pot.

Brad Eden
3 minutes ago, polecat said:

Rubbed, Seared and Roasted a stretch of venison backstrap last night. Baked potato and broccoli on the side. Just so you know I haven’t also become a Vegan.

Remo

What is "avocado"?

Brad Eden
12 minutes ago, Remo said:

What is "avocado"?

🥑🥑🥑🥑🥑🥑🥑🥑🥑🥑🥑

charlo slim
1 hour ago, grouse28 said:

... Great to hear that a hermit can be open minded to eat such healthy victuals. .....

So is this that new "victual reality" that I hear people talking about?  Personally, I'll begin to be impressed when Brad shows up talking about his special can't-miss recipe for woodcock-kale salad.

Snipeaholic

Avocados are for guacamole. Period.

jeff88
1 hour ago, polecat said:

Add blueberries to those buckwheats.  This right here is the perfect breakfast lunch one-two combination.  ^

Venison green chili for dinner and it rounds out the perfect day.  Gotta have pie and ice cream with this.    

BTW, today's date is 3 14, yes, it is National Pie Day!  My wife made a lemon pie with lemons picked right from our lemon tree out back.  

Brad, why don't you male some avocado ice cream and be a good fuddy-duddy pie-day daddy.

BBlizzard18

I have an everything bagel sourdough bread recipe if you really want to scare people...

Fire Marshal Bill

I have a feeling that if anyone besides his daughter had suggested that he probably wouldn't have tried it. Just saying....our kids have a way of getting us to try all kinds of things we wouldn't normally do. 

Cooter Brown

Green sheetrock mud on toast.