REGISTERING FOR MEMBERSHIP ON UPLAND JOURNAL Read more... ×
WI Outdoor Nut

Shed Hunting anyone

Big Al

We find most of our sheds while bird hunting.  I don't get up to Montana until early June so the grass is too high by that time to easily see them. 

In 2011 we had a massive EHD kill.  For the next couple of years we were finding skulls all over.  It took out about 75% of the deer in the area around my ranch.

WI Outdoor Nut

Had to do some digging, but found a "live" photo of the buck my son found.  It was from 2016.  Looking at the photo and the rack, I don't think the deer made it another year as it is a perfect match.  We found the skull in one of our sanctuaries, which I don't think I have walked in at least 3 years. 

IMG_3437.png

IMG_3232.jpg

Birdcountry70
On 3/26/2020 at 12:08 PM, WI Outdoor Nut said:

Had to do some digging, but found a "live" photo of the buck my son found.  It was from 2016.  Looking at the photo and the rack, I don't think the deer made it another year as it is a perfect match.  We found the skull in one of our sanctuaries, which I don't think I have walked in at least 3 years. 

IMG_3437.png

IMG_3232.jpg

I'm surprised if it's been laying there that long rodents didn't chew it to pieces. I rarely find a previous years antler that isn't chewed up.  Nice find. I wonder how he died.

WI Outdoor Nut
20 minutes ago, Birdcountry70 said:

I'm surprised if it's been laying there that long rodents didn't chew it to pieces. I rarely find a previous years antler that isn't chewed up.  Nice find. I wonder how he died.

I recall a neighbor hitting one back into the guts.  He said it was a stud with all sorts of junk.  I am thinking this is the deer he hit.  It is too bad he is a complete A** and has done everything in his power to screw my deer hunts over, otherwise he might get the rack back.  Carma is really a beatch…...