REGISTERING FOR MEMBERSHIP ON UPLAND JOURNAL Read more... ×
Remo

Shop/Hideout

Jazz4Brazo

Curious...since you haven't any finish over the foam did you have it sprayed with a fire retardant covering? Our local building code requires spraying of all exposed/unfinished areas...if so how did you find the off gassing overall?

We had our unfinished attic spray foamed and it took a significant amount of time for offgassing and then even longer after having the fire retardant spraying...of course having a door and ceiling vent in your case would have sped up the process vs our use of fans, etc.

J4B 

Remo

After the application I opened the roof vents and door for a week and ran a high capacity aeration fan inside. 

Randy S

You da man Remo! 👍 I could see that for a shop or shack.

salmontogue

Love it.

Perk

snapt

Way cool, I have 2 of those at my place I use for storage, very tempting!

MUSTANGER7

Neat does you saw get a little loud, sort of a ringing sound??

Cooter Brown

Pretty neat.  Will it be hotter than eleventeen hells in the summer or does the metal reflect enough energy so that it's not too bad?

Remo

I'm hard of hearing so I can take the hearing aids out. But the foam does deaden the sound. A bare steel bin is like an oven on hot summer days but I think with the door open and the 2 roof vents it would be ok with the insulation. It is the winter months that I wanted this.

max2
21 minutes ago, Remo said:

I'm hard of hearing so I can take the hearing aids out. But the foam does deaden the sound. A bare steel bin is like an oven on hot summer days but I think with the door open and the 2 roof vents it would be ok with the insulation. It is the winter months that I wanted this.

You can pop in an A/C unit up high . Through wall unit & I bet it would feel like central air in there.