REGISTERING FOR MEMBERSHIP ON UPLAND JOURNAL Read more... ×
terrym

Who’s growing a beard?

terrym

With most people in isolation, how many of you are growing new beards? Mine is coming in sparse and pretty damned grey. Doubt I keep it. 

Crazy Horse

Can't get to the barber, so I'm letting my hair grow (What little I have). Thinking about growing a ponytail  ;~)

terrym

I told my wife I was going to shave only the right side of my face. She didn’t comment or even look up from her book. Funny that....I truly think the female sex genetically don’t have the humour gene we do. 

Brad Eden

8D6E8A7C-CE28-43D2-8CFE-C8E1F3BA202E.jpeg

Not new but growing by the day. (3/4 beard/goatee hybrid)

Speaks

I already had a decent on going, I always have a short one but had not visited a client in a month when this all started. My wife got me to trim it down in late March  but I havnt toughed it since. Dont plan to for a bit. 

Im more looking forward to letting my hair grow, have to keep it short and professional for work but I dont see myself getting on a plane any time soon so seeing how long I can get it. 

TB Owl

Being "furloughed" at the moment with time on my hands I have taken the approach of keeping a routine for when my company recalls us.  My routine includes setting the alarm clock M-F, having a list of things to do around the house verses sitting on the computer too much, morning exercises/stretches, hiking 3 days a week and shaving every night.  So no, not working on a beard.  My wife wouldn't like it anyway and since she is working from home I see no need to further irritate her. 😂🤣🤣

GuyO

I just shaved mine after about 5 weeks. It started to bug me. It had been bugging my wife for most of the six weeks!😝

Big Al

I've had one for years.  It didn't used to be all white though. 

dogrunner

Had one from Sept, 7th till about 6 weeks ago, then cut it off.  Didn't want the virus to be hiding in there awaiting to crawl up my nose.  Plus if you have a beard you can't get a good mask seal. 

Pub Scout

I usually have a short-trimmed beard, but haven't touched a razor or trimmer in a few weeks.  It was time for a playoff beard anyway.  

WABBIT-SLAYER

Not growing a beard but my hair is getting pretty unruly. I am just about ready to buy a set of Wahl hair clippers and cut my hair myself, I am that desperate !

Big Al
2 minutes ago, Pub Scout said:

I usually have a short-trimmed beard, but haven't touched a razor or trimmer in a few weeks.  It was time for a playoff beard anyway.  

😪  no playoffs

Bloodhound

Not a new beard...but growing none the less...needs a trim...but will wait till I can get a hair cut too.

DoubleAuto

No beard but my hair is getting to lengths it hasn't been in years.  My wife is the one that is having trouble not being able get her hair trimmed.

hmm363

Started mine in December 1968, the day I got out of the Marine Corps. My kids have never seen me without it.