REGISTERING FOR MEMBERSHIP ON UPLAND JOURNAL Read more... ×
shoot-straight

Big hunt tomorrow

shoot-straight

No luck today gents. Gonna go the trap route I think unless it walks by when I am turkey hunting. 

BBlizzard18

I bought one of those A17's a couple years ago.  I don't love the gun, but it has proven to be a very effective tool for woodchuck control.  

dgfavor
3 hours ago, shoot-straight said:

No luck today gents. Gonna go the trap route I think unless it walks by when I am turkey hunting. 

Noooooo!!  You cannot start a thread like this, at a time like this!  You cant give it a wee go and tell us you're gonna trap it!  We need the gripping re-telling of a crisp morning arriving in the dark to your hide, a slowly rising sun revealing "him" at the brink of his hole, a mist coming from the nostrils of the vermin as he tested the air for sensed but unseen trouble, the last minute adjustment to your rest to settle the crosshairs, the settling of your nerves and a deeeeep release of breath with the loong, purposeful squeeze of a trigger, the ridiculously loud click of a firing pin striking an empty chamber, the dust that seemed to eternally hang in the morning air raised by the whirling and retreat of your furred nemesis...this is not an animal to be trapped, not now...the world needs a hero...no pressure...😉

Brad Eden

....a running shot, as it scoots out of the trap is very challenging, as are any running shots with a .22. Using a shotgun isn’t quite as impressive. Otherwise burn some gas and release it far far away...but not to the next state like you would a coon.

Birdcountry70

downloadfile.jpg

Clueless1

groundhog-day-hero.jpg

Marc Ret

Might be time for a decoy. 

image.jpeg

shoot-straight

Great guys. This thread is going right where I wanted It to..... 😁

It was a beautiful crisp am. Had some deer come by, saw lots of cardinals, and the barn owner mowing grass.... alas it was not to be. 

dgfavor
3 hours ago, shoot-straight said:

Great guys. This thread is going right where I wanted It to..... 😁

It was a beautiful crisp am. Had some deer come by, saw lots of cardinals, and the barn owner mowing grass.... alas it was not to be. 

Yes, that's the spirit!  Patience will be required for this obvious king of vermin, the Kronavira.  The villagers have secretly named him Wuhan and will rejoice his passing...no pressure...

Clueless1

Groundhog Day.  Kinda feels like that lately......

Two Barrels

I think the barn owner on the mower may have been your downfall on this first hunt.  You may want to have a discussion with them and explain how truly serious this hunt is to the well being and safety of the local community.  Are you using dangerous game solids?  Not just any 22 LR will do.

Tilkut

Trap And a car ride are my prescription. Nice wooded bottom about 2 miles away. 

shoot-straight

I spent All night carving x's in the tips of the bullets by candlelight. 

terrym

make sure you have camo face paint on. If you are victorious strip down to your underwear and dance around the carcass while singing a war song. Then have a nap. 

😳 was that too much? No, I’m not losing my mind. Well, maybe. 

charlo slim

Transport and release?  What a lily-livered @#%$# cop-out!! 👎

https://foragerchef.com/a-groundhog-stew/

And a Euro mount of course (assuming he scores high enough).