REGISTERING FOR MEMBERSHIP ON UPLAND JOURNAL Read more... ×
garyRI

Buying a boat financed by Bank of the West

garyRI

I intend to make an offer directly to an owner on a boat that is reportedly financed by Bank of the West. Anyone dealt with something like this?

sneem

Don’t know about the technicalities, but several years ago I financed an RV through Bank of the West and everything went smoothly. Paid it off early. No problems.

garyRI
3 minutes ago, sneem said:

Don’t know about the technicalities, but several years ago I financed an RV through Bank of the West and everything went smoothly. Paid it off early. No problems.

good to know

thanks

Chief Paduke

A friend of mine is in the exact same situation. I wonder if you two are looking at the same boat?

garyRI
On 4/27/2020 at 11:47 AM, Chief Paduke said:

A friend of mine is in the exact same situation. I wonder if you two are looking at the same boat?

your friend would have to be in rhode island

Mike da Carpenter

Had a camper by Bank of the West and sold it to our tax lady.  Was a simple process closing that loan out.  Don’t know if they are still that way, but I liked dealing with them, and would do it again because of the buying and selling experience.

henryrski

I had two boats financed by BOW and I won't do it again. If I sent in two payments in one envelope they woud credit bothe payments to one boat, despite the fact that I included two entirely different coupons.