REGISTERING FOR MEMBERSHIP ON UPLAND JOURNAL Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
WPG Gizmo

Perfect day to start the summer and then

WPG Gizmo

The weather has not been cooperating until today nice high 80's time to drag Paual out of the house and get the Kayaks in the water it was the maiden voyage of the new fishing machine got a later start then planned her work got in the way.   The lake was hoping there was a ton of people enjoying the fresh air.  I got the Yak together and off we went the Fishfinder I installed was working great I did a through the hull install not the way I would normally do it but it worked out.  I played around with seating positions until I found what seems to be the right set up to pedal comfortably.

The fish were not biting but that was fine I was more interested in breaking in the new yak.  I found that it sit lower in the water then my other Yak and it seem sluggish but I chalked that up to it being a new larger boat.

After about a hour and a half on the water we called it to get dinner when I pulled the Yak out of the water it seemed very heavy and wanted to lean to one side this yak has a wheel in the rear so it is easy to roll but it was not easy at all.  I got it to the truck and noticed that there was water on the ground I didnt think much about it as they do get water in them that does not drain out of the scuppers.  That is until I saw that the water was coming from the stern and the drain plug was installed.  I got it into the bed of the truck and could clearly see that I have a problem there is a large crack at the stern the plastic is Poly thin it should be at least 1/8 inch or more I can easily push on it and move the section.

IMG_20200522_185226.jpg

I have a warranty claim in but I dont expect anything in response until next week at the soonest the good thing is that the Yak is covered under warranty the bad thing is I planned on doing a bunch of early morning fishing this weekend.

Fire Marshal Bill

This could only happen to you Gary!!! Good luck with the return. 

charlo slim
34 minutes ago, WPG Gizmo said:

the bad thing is I planned on doing a bunch of early morning fishing this weekend.

Gorilla tape

WPG Gizmo
8 hours ago, charlo slim said:

Gorilla tape

I could use liberal amounts of silicone to seal it but this is a new yak with a structural flaw

Fire Marshal Bill

If you're going to fix it yourself try Flex-Seal. The stuff really works. 

gunsrus

Return it 

WMassGriff

Or like me get a Old Town Pack Canoe. When I get water in it I am well aware in advance! LOL

WPG Gizmo
2 hours ago, gunsrus said:

Return it 

Shipped by freight out of Texas thats not going to happen 😀

charlo slim
3 hours ago, WPG Gizmo said:

I could use liberal amounts of silicone to seal it but this is a new yak with a structural flaw

Understood. I was thinking of a temporary fix to get you through a few days of fishing as anticipated. Hope you have good luck with getting the manufacturer to step up and replace the yak. Can you get good pics showing the nature of the defect?

Jazz4Brazo

Gary...that plain sucks...hoping they resolve this quickly to your satisfaction!!

WPG Gizmo

Got the word today that I have a new Kayak being shipped from the factory direct to me different color but it is the color I wanted originally 

Jazz4Brazo

Glad to hear you got proper resolution!! Now go out and enjoy the summer 🙂

Pierre